Your question

Need fast help with serial drivers

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Computer
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 10, 2007 1:43:18 AM

The computer went out at work in our Auto brake. So they bought an emachine (I have no control over what they buy) and the auto brake need 2 serial ports to interface with the computer, the emachine only has 1.
So I bought this locally sense they needed it quick. I can't get it to load the drivers. Tried off the CD, errored. Did a google search found 2 others drivers with the same results. Chip on the card says it's a netmos 9835.

the error is

there was a problem installing this hardware: Multifunction Device

An error occurred during the installation of the device

A service installation section in this INF is invalid.

It is a completly fresh install of XP. According to the Rep the bending program doesn't like Vista or vice versa, sense it was made for Windows 95 I don't see why. lol
Have turned off the onboard Serial and Parrallel just in case there was a conflict. Have turned off onboard audio. Have let it find the drivers automaticaly , I've specified which drivers, but so far I get 3 !Yellow exclamatiuons (the only 3). The service guy from Roper is installing this tomorow so I need to try and get this tonite if possible.

More about : fast serial drivers

August 10, 2007 1:57:39 AM

Hmm, I guess the eighth times the charm. used the same one but for some reason they took.
!