Sign in with
Your question

3.61ghz is the new 4.1ghz

Last response: in CPUs
August 10, 2007 6:35:09 AM

Way back in the old P4 days it was 4.1ghz, google thg for their article with some kind of super cooling back in 2003? The systems i sold in late 2003 and early 2004 where the Warpedsystems Xtreme 4.1 - based on the 560j with the thermalright xp-90- 4.08ghz shipped - max oc 4.25ghz fsb 920+ 2-2-2-5 corsair ddr400 - the old days!

My point is the new speed 3.61ghz - the systems run super fast and are super responsive.

The new intel chips run 1.35v-1.42v fsb 1700mhz on the 1333 bus chips (e6750) or fsb 1600mhz on the 1066 with the q6600- 3.6ghz is the new sweet spot!

whether your running a e6750 or q6600 the new speed air cooling is 3.6ghz - tune your systems boy's!

as far as amd goes - i can only hope that one of their "real quad cores" will run 3.6ghz?????

please add your thoughts to this post yes you can run higher but 3.6ghz seems to me to be the new 4.1ghz.

Our new air cooled systems will run 3.6ghz with a quad core! WSZ X4 3.6 Vcore 1.42v p35 chipset.

AMD has their work cut out!

world fastest air cooled computer early 2006 WSZ X2 4.5 intel 965 up 4.6ghz air cooled - back in early 2006:

More about : 61ghz 1ghz

August 10, 2007 7:26:14 AM

wow you guys dont know how to take a screenshot
August 10, 2007 8:31:33 AM

Nice and clear
Related resources
August 10, 2007 8:32:21 AM

It's not always about the GHZ as we can see..... Maybe one day they will come out with brand new chips that start at 1-2 GHZ, yet still be more effevtive than current day ones. It's all about the arcitechture, thats why AMD might have a fighting chance with their 'true' quad core.
August 10, 2007 9:36:07 AM

you do realize that AMDs quads dont have to run at 3.6ghz to best a 3.6ghz quad for now..., you do realize you were sell an "Warpedsystems Xtreme" pc's with CRT monitors*? whoa thats pretty eXtreme. and you do realize that we know this and we dont care?
*looks to be a CRT but could be an LCD if it is a LCD my apologies.
August 10, 2007 10:08:12 AM

You see your keyboard? See that one special key that says "print screen" ?
Push it once...Now open MS paint and press the keys "Ctrl" and "v" at the same time. Go click "file" and now "save as"

Results:
August 10, 2007 12:01:50 PM

I find it hard to believe that there are people on this forum who don't know how to use the print screen button.
August 10, 2007 12:33:45 PM

i shed a tear for cherie22984, the poor soul is using... VISTA??? with firefox???
August 10, 2007 12:36:41 PM

Uhh, I used the Vista betas from beta 2 to RC2 with firefox...what's the matter with that?

Forgot to mention that I don't really get the point of this thread, I thought THG was able to get the E6750 up to 4.16GHz, so what's with the 3.6 business?

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/08/01/taking_the_e6750...
August 10, 2007 12:40:10 PM

rammedstein said:
i shed a tear for cherie22984, the poor soul is using... VISTA??? with firefox???

Yup, me too - runs great.

But anyway, rofl at the 'screenshot' in the OP's post :non: 
August 10, 2007 12:40:36 PM

I just had to upgrade to Vista, and it is the 1st time I've sued it since it came out (I sampled it then). As much as I hate moving away from XP Pro, and I do know Vista still has bugs to work out, Microsoft has come a lonmg way on fixing things. It's really not *aweful* right now.
August 10, 2007 3:45:40 PM

Heyyou27 said:
I find it hard to believe that there are people on this forum who don't know how to use the print screen button.

Easy now... we all gotta learn some time ;) 
August 10, 2007 4:27:05 PM

One nice thing about Vista is the new snipping tool which allows you to snip the screen or a window and just save it wherever.

I agree Vista isn't nearly as bad as it was and anyone who was around when XP first came out remembers that people had the same complaints about it. As for the OP I agree, CPU's process information much more efficiently than they once did. During the time of the P4 it took 5.2ghz to match the performance of a AMD64 at 2.2ghz. Times have changed.
August 10, 2007 4:43:55 PM

4.1 Ghz is always going to be 4.1 Ghz.
"75 mph is the new 55 mph...!!"
August 10, 2007 4:58:32 PM

I agree about the (lack of) screenshot, but I think the point was that with the current FSB/RAM speeds that he's stating it all comes together with the best overall performance at 3.6 instead of at 4.1.

WAY past my innate level of geeknowlege - I've stopped worrying about tweaking for 'absolute' best performance before the 386/dx came along. Now I just overwhelm the user with functionality and stability while keeping the servers running smooth.

Still, I'd like to see some discussion about what his main point seems to be. Is there a true performance improvement overall when you've set the processor speed at X when it's capable of Y, and if so, how come you didn't get better ram so that a native speed of Y is reachable?

FYI - AMD/Intel - who gives a rat's *** anyway? What's the best bang for my buck that won't crap out when the OS makes a system call that wasn't hardwired into the cpu - that's all I care about.
August 10, 2007 5:02:56 PM

with Q6600 G0 stepping going to 3.6ghz, it's a good gain for intel... 4 x 3.6ghz while the clock for clock efficiency is 125% efficient, it takes a quad 4.5ghz on A64 architecture to get to q6600 @ 3.6ghz

oh and the P4 vs A64 isn't that high. that 5.2ghz overclock must've been unstable. the A64 was 160% efficient vs P4, it took a 3.5ghz p4 to compete with a 2.2ghz A64... ( less than 160% with multimedia applications )

if you're comparingdual cores to pentium D, of course, Pentium D was a total waste of ressource...
dual netburst... lol a total fumble....

a good thing they used their laptop chip architecture to replace their main architecture because netburst couldn't do anything more.
August 10, 2007 5:51:59 PM

PS... The Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen Will capture any window that you have in focus NOT the whole screen.. So that is an option too ;) 

August 11, 2007 1:34:46 AM

lol - i know how to print screen -lol

"you do realize that AMDs quads dont have to run at 3.6ghz to best a 3.6ghz quad for now..., you do realize you were sell an "Warpedsystems Xtreme" pc's with CRT monitors*? whoa thats pretty eXtreme. and you do realize that we know this and we dont care?
*looks to be a CRT but could be an LCD if it is a LCD my apologies"

i have about 10 monitors and i am cheap so i still use the old crt's for building systems - hey thats 21" nec crt! still nice to game on
August 11, 2007 1:39:39 AM

shargrath said:
you do realize that AMDs quads dont have to run at 3.6ghz to best a 3.6ghz quad for now..., you do realize you were sell an "Warpedsystems Xtreme" pc's with CRT monitors*? whoa thats pretty eXtreme. and you do realize that we know this and we dont care?
*looks to be a CRT but could be an LCD if it is a LCD my apologies.

wow the quote works now!

i will double post -- anyone running faster the 3.6ghz stable and what are your temps???? enough with the print screen thing and amd....... anyone running q6600 air cooled above 3.6ghz??????

anyone running e6750 or e6850 above 3.6ghz please post your results!

thank you!
August 11, 2007 2:15:28 AM

dj_taboo said:

Sure, and how exactly do I phrase that so the highway patrolman doesn't give me a speeding ticket?
August 11, 2007 3:10:12 AM

"75 mph is the new 55 mph...!!" ?
a c 96 à CPUs
August 11, 2007 4:06:13 AM

dj_taboo said:

I'd go for that, except around where I used to live, 75 mph had been 55 mph for a long time. That's probably why a lot of people had wrecks on the twisties- that and booze- but the view was that speed limits only applied when the cops were gunning. And cops were rarely gunning.
August 11, 2007 4:16:10 AM

Heyyou27 said:

Print Screen button?????? Whats a Print Screen button?
August 11, 2007 4:18:37 AM

localcpuguy said:
I just had to upgrade to Vista, and it is the 1st time I've sued it since it came out (I sampled it then). As much as I hate moving away from XP Pro, and I do know Vista still has bugs to work out, Microsoft has come a lonmg way on fixing things. It's really not *aweful* right now.

Wow!!

Theres a stamp of approval if I've ever seen one...."It's really not *aweful* right now". MS should use that as the Vista logo ;) 
August 11, 2007 5:35:10 AM

tar pit i would expect better! lol

if anyone is running a e6750, e6850 or q6600 on air cooling above 3.6ghz please add to this thread - if not email the tar pit!

lol!
August 11, 2007 5:38:43 AM

i will add for u newbies when u have a systems being built at multiple stations a dig camera is a way to collect info and organize it.

i can not believe u newbies are still talking about print screen -lol

o well

its possible u do not comprehend this post -quad

the fast computers being sold are water cooled cores such as the $7000
nort

th
August 11, 2007 3:14:39 PM

dragonsprayer said:
wow the quote works now!

i will double post -- anyone running faster the 3.6ghz stable and what are your temps???? enough with the print screen thing and amd....... anyone running q6600 air cooled above 3.6ghz??????

anyone running e6750 or e6850 above 3.6ghz please post your results!

thank you!

Yeah...check this thread out http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15...

The guy got his Q6600 just over 3.7 GHz on air !!!
August 11, 2007 3:52:16 PM

turpit said:
Wow!!

Theres a stamp of approval if I've ever seen one...."It's really not *aweful* right now". MS should use that as the Vista logo ;) 

I don't care where you from....that's funny stuff raaght there !!

I'm gonna load Vista on my new machine... from what I gather it should work fine. I hope to God it isn't another Windows ME though
August 11, 2007 4:18:31 PM

The Me references are written by absolute morons. Vista works fine, I've been running the 64bit version from November at home and 32bit in the office.

Have any issue post them and we'll work them out. Once you get use to the interface changes I doubt you'll want go back to XP.

August 11, 2007 5:42:26 PM

Try analogx.com "Capture" easier and more flexible than print screen. I do use a camera for pics of the BIOS. You should also check out "NetStat Live" for real-time bandwidth monitoring.
a c 111 à CPUs
August 11, 2007 6:12:05 PM

ches111 said:
PS... The Ctrl+Alt+PrintScreen Will capture any window that you have in focus NOT the whole screen.. So that is an option too ;) 

To think all this time i've been cropping things like some kind of "Neanderthal".

No more Ctrl + Y(crop) in Irfanview for me.

For real. thats a time saver thanks.
August 11, 2007 7:04:37 PM

what was wrong with Windows ME?
August 11, 2007 8:39:18 PM

... it'd be less a shorter answer if you asked "what's good about Windows ME?"

Quick answer to what was wrong with ME, I got to see way, WAY to much BSOD, at one point i considered using it as my desktop, for a laugh. But then the reality of ME's legendary stability struck me and using the BSOD as a desktop was just to depressing.
August 12, 2007 1:17:00 AM

Valdis said:
what was wrong with Windows ME?

Huh? Microsofts marketing machine selling us something we didn't need ...that's all. What a waste of $... I think it had a product life of what....1 or 2 years?

August 12, 2007 1:19:53 AM

gooman said:
Huh? Microsofts marketing machine selling us something we didn't need ...that's all.

What? You mean like Vista?
August 12, 2007 1:36:42 AM

bydesign said:
The Me references are written by absolute morons. Vista works fine, I've been running the 64bit version from November at home and 32bit in the office.

Have any issue post them and we'll work them out. Once you get use to the interface changes I doubt you'll want go back to XP.

Your an "enthusiast"...gee I'm impressed. So you enthusiastically insult people....excellent....nice work.

Did you pay money for Windows ME, like I did? Well then you were one of the many suckers, like myself. My comment about Windows Me was an honest thought that I figured I'd throw down...guess I won't do that again. I wasn't impressed with it and couldn't wait for the next operating system to come along. I think that Windows XP is excellent and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm building a completely new system and want the operating system of the future, I'd probably stick with XP.

No, actually I'm not too concerned about Vista. I've been reading about it quite a bit lately and they say that its pretty good; minor compatability issues with old hardware (to be expected), but pretty good. It is supposed to play the latest games fine, so I figure I'll give it a try. It will only get better with time.
August 12, 2007 1:37:36 AM

turpit said:
What? You mean like Vista?

He he ....yeah. Ok...I'm a lemming
August 12, 2007 10:04:58 AM

Why the teas? Vista runs a lot better now, but still has some software compatibility problems. There is nothing more irritating than crashing software because of your OS. In that note, I'm glad to inform that Firefox pwns IE7!! I dont think I can ever go back. I actually UN installed Vista last night and went back to XP, only reason why was because I freaking hate random crashes due to lack of software support. Other than that, it runs great!
August 12, 2007 6:01:14 PM

rammedstein said:

to be honest (ill be hated for this) i use 1e7 on both my XP machine and on the vista box. the thing is it save having multiple version of 1 tool clogging things up and if you have FF you still need IE for some sites nd apps. also i hate the way there is no really easy method of opening a new tab like in IE who care if they copied i sure dont

Also i use the x64 version of vista it run all but the oldest of obsolete programs fine
August 13, 2007 2:47:26 AM

gooman said:
Yeah...check this thread out http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15...

The guy got his Q6600 just over 3.7 GHz on air !!!

thank you for the link!

when i sell someone a computer that i warranty for 3 years (i warranty cpu's for 3 years) I have to pretty sure that the cpu will last for a long time. I also have to make sure the system will be problem free for a year.

right now i ship out systems at 3.33ghz 1480fsb with 650i so 3.6ghz is not a big jump

I would expect much higher overclocks then 3.7ghz - when i say i think 3.6ghz is the new 4.1ghz i mean i hope to sell systems set for 3.6ghz - i may have to scale back to 3.4-3.5ghz.

i appreciate any feedback on air cooled systems running past 3.7ghz!
August 13, 2007 3:08:22 AM

dobby said:
also i hate the way there is no really easy method of opening a new tab like in IE who care if they copied i sure dont
Click View->Tool Bars->Customize and pull the New Window icon up to the tool bar next to the address bar. Done, and done. To make it even better, click Tools ->Options->Tabs and check always show the Tab Bar. Check any additional boxes that meet your preferences. IE is only needed for updates and a very very few sites.

Try learning the program before whining about how bad it is. :non:  :pfff: 

:bounce:  :bounce:  FIREFOX RULES :bounce:  :bounce: 
August 13, 2007 3:31:20 AM

dragonsprayer said:
thank you for the link!

when i sell someone a computer that i warranty for 3 years (i warranty cpu's for 3 years) I have to pretty sure that the cpu will last for a long time. I also have to make sure the system will be problem free for a year.

right now i ship out systems at 3.33ghz 1480fsb with 650i so 3.6ghz is not a big jump

I would expect much higher overclocks then 3.7ghz - when i say i think 3.6ghz is the new 4.1ghz i mean i hope to sell systems set for 3.6ghz - i may have to scale back to 3.4-3.5ghz.

i appreciate any feedback on air cooled systems running past 3.7ghz!

With the prices you charge and the whole locked bios thing, I doubt you sell many PCs. :lol: 

http://www.warpedsystems.net/WSXCore28CF.html :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  $3995 WTF :pfff: 

August 13, 2007 10:20:29 AM

Zorg said:
Click View->Tool Bars->Customize and pull the New Window icon up to the tool bar next to the address bar. Done, and done. To make it even better, click Tools ->Options->Tabs and check always show the Tab Bar. Check any additional boxes that meet your preferences. IE is only needed for updates and a very very few sites.

Try learning the program before whining about how bad it is. :non:  :pfff: 

:bounce:  :bounce:  FIREFOX RULES :bounce:  :bounce: 

DONT GET ME WRONG FF IS GOOD I HAVE TO USE IT ON MY LINUS SERVER, AND I HAD IT BEFORE IE6, BUT IE7 IS SUCH A FLUID PROGRAM, and it simple to use very little thought is there to distract you from your work. It like to have as little clutter as possible on my PC and two browers isnt needed, esp conisdering tht IE7 is more than good enough.
August 14, 2007 6:39:17 AM

dobby said:
to be honest (ill be hated for this) i use 1e7 on both my XP machine and on the vista box. the thing is it save having multiple version of 1 tool clogging things up and if you have FF you still need IE for some sites nd apps. also i hate the way there is no really easy method of opening a new tab like in IE who care if they copied i sure dont

Also i use the x64 version of vista it run all but the oldest of obsolete programs fine

The WoW hasn't started yet huh <sic> With the testimonials in this thread for Vista maybe Microsoft should change the slogan from the wow starts now to "Vista 64 it just sucks less" It almost runs my stuff just fine. Oh wait "sucks less" may be an Apple service mark

from a Vista 32 C2D system about to upgrade to a C2Q 64 system if I don't die of enthusiasm overload :pfff:  :sarcastic: 
August 14, 2007 6:45:21 AM

Oh this was just priceless should be a visa commercial. Edited the message above, clicked submit your reply. Got three messages IE has stopped... Looking for a solution... IE is restarting. Your last web page is lost Priceless.
August 14, 2007 4:05:34 PM

dobby said:

You don't need ie, you can just download a firefox extension called ieTab, it will open ie in one of the firefox tabs.
August 14, 2007 4:09:27 PM

dunklegend said:
You don't need ie, you can just download a firefox extension called ieTab, it will open ie in one of the firefox tabs.

i really dont care for downloading extension and ****, another eason FF is gay(er) id rather have it working out of the box. i fed up hearing ohto do that just add this or extend that.

Im just saying im using IE at least until the nxt FF, which i will give a fair try.
August 14, 2007 4:14:22 PM

FF is gay?
What?
This from a guy called dobby?
Stay with IE then and quit crying.
August 15, 2007 12:52:18 AM

dobby said:
DONT GET ME WRONG FF IS GOOD I HAVE TO USE IT ON MY LINUS SERVER, AND I HAD IT BEFORE IE6, BUT IE7 IS SUCH A FLUID PROGRAM,...
STOP YELLING AT ME!!! :fou:  :ouch:  :ouch:  :lol:  :lol: 

IE sucks & FF rules, everyone knows this truth. [:zorg]
August 15, 2007 3:04:07 AM

Zorg said:
STOP YELLING AT ME!!! :fou:  :ouch:  :ouch:  :lol:  :lol: 

IE sucks & FF rules, everyone knows this truth. [:zorg]

Amen
!