Realtek ALC850 @ nVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) - Problem

ferencster

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
Realtek ALC850 @ nVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) - Audio Codec Interface.
This is my on board sound card for my nforce 4 gigabyte system. My motherboard is ga-k8ne rev 2.0.
Before I changed my case it was all ok, but after my green line out on my sound card is not working.
I tryed the blue one with control panel i managed to get this one working so I am getting sound from my comp from blue line in switched to line out.
I tried a big cleanup in my case but it didint helped.
After this I installed Linux (Kubuntu 7.04) , it recognizes my sound card but yet the green line out doesent work
In device manager everything shoes up ok.
I didint mention that in the blue line out, i get crapy quality sound (not scraching but sounds like comming from the basement)

Why is that, i have screwed my soundcard????

Sorry for my bad english.... :pt1cable:

localcpuguy

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Probably not; uninstall/reinstall the drivers. Also, search Microsoft's website for "HD Audio Codec". There should be a separate update you can install that might solve this problem paired with reinstalling your drivers.

ferencster

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I have tried driver Uninstallation, it didint changed anything. I have downloaded latest driver from realtek website but nothing changed.

ferencster

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
OAAAAA... THanks mousemonkey. It worked. I used the manual and disable the front panel audio by jumpers, because I used front audio with my other case. NOW IT IS WORKING FLAWLESS. Thanks again.

sp4rky

Distinguished
May 31, 2010

could you tell me what to jumper on the mother board?
i dont know wich of these do i have to jumper

would be awesome to add a photo where you mark the jumpers ...

thank you in advance

sp4rky

Distinguished
May 31, 2010

ah dang i cant find a sound driver for my ******* soundcard on windows 7

Berichtsart Kurzbericht
Computer PC
Ersteller Jerom
Betriebssystem Windows 7 Professional Media Center Edition 6.1.7600
Datum 2010-06-01
Zeit 17:33

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard Eigenschaften:
Motherboard ID 07/21/2006-MS-7125-6A61FM49C-00
Motherboard Name MSI K8N Neo4 Series (MS-7125)

i hope that are enough infos to tell me how to make my 5.1 system work :(

first of all i need a driver wich is win7 compatibel

after that i got a problem to get all speakers working (only the front/left is working and the sub)

The MSI website has this driver listed :- http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=177 Alternatively you could try this one :- http://downloads.guru3d.com/Realtek-HD-Audio-2.48-Driver-download-2539.html

sp4rky

Distinguished
May 31, 2010

Shweeet! [:mousemonkey:3] , I'm glad it's working for you mate.

TRENDING THREADS