Gaming/Performance Motherboard issues

denmar

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
To lead off.. a detailed description of my issues can be found here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/244630-31-troubleshooting

If you would like the quick and dirty explanation, here it is:
I currently have an EVGA 680i motherboard running 1x8800GTX and have had nothing but issues (since March, when I built it). I have RMA'd nearly every component on the system and am now considering ordering a different motherboard and am looking for what my best options are. The Striker Extreme comes to mind, and at that price tag I definately don't want to purchase one unless I really think it is going to solve my issues.

kilroy0097

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
Well after reading about all your issues in that other thread only one single option comes to mind that you haven't already tried.

Power supply? I know you have a 750w which should be enough for what you are running however are you certain that it's actually outputting the correct wattage? I know it's not much but it's the only thing I could think of if it's just not a severe conflict with the motherboard itself.

denmar

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Well, the rails show that they are suppose to have more than enough output for the board, and I did RMA the PSU just to be sure.. right now I am leaning toward the whole motherboard conflict theory and working with eVGA on "downgrading" my board via RMA and getting a 680i LT board to see if that works.