new PC for Adobe Photoshop CS3

vovkinson

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member in this forum and looks like there're a lot of experts here!!!

Here's the thing though. I really need your help!

I'd like to build a new PC for my photo editing work.
Sor far my system is AMD 64 3200+ , Asus a8v deluxe, 2g Kingston 400, some old nVideo video card, etc

I really need a fast machine. Just upgraded my digital camera to Canon 5D and those raw files are huge!!!
My PC doesn't handle them anymore. I'm spending more and more time to process those endless files..

I saw this configuration in some thread here:

Corsair 520
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHz
Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Seagate ST3500630AS 500GB
Lite-On LH-20A1S-12 20X SATA

Looks good to me , but I'm not sure about the video card though...
I'm not a gamer, just want a decent card with good graphic quality.

What do you guys think?
Any suggestions, comments , etc ?

Thanks you all in advance!

I would get 2x2GB RAM if those files are really big.

An 8600 GT or 8600 GTS would probably serve you well. They are quiet and support HD video and DirectX 10 and high resolutions. I am taking you seriously here when you say you won't play games. If you do want to play some games from time to time then an x1950pro or x1950xt would be better.

Solariscs

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
hey nice build :). If you can, find a silent 8600GT and you should have no problems. You can save some money though and go with the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L motherboard. I don't really think you need one that expensive if you aren't doing overclocking or anything of that fun stuff lol.

Just a suggestion :)

vovkinson

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I was searching for 8600GT video card and found out that this card has been made by the different manufactures (MSI, XFX, Foxconn, etc)
Which one do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Probably this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130085
eVGA, $99.99

The more expensive versions I saw on newegg are superclocked/overclocked or have bundled games, you don't need to pay for that. The cheaper ones come from companies like Leadtek or Biostar or ChainTech and I'd pay $10 extra for eVGA. These companies may be just fine, but I just don't know...

I've got an eVGA and a BFG in my computers right now, no complaints :D

Solariscs

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
If you want silent, go with MSI. Since you're only using it for the video and not games, it doesn't really matter.

I sent you a pm :) If you have any questions or anything and have aim or yahoo, contact me, Maximus9102.

GenericName

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
Yes I'm running it fine - I have Production Suite CS3 which includes photoshop,premiere,aftereffects,flash Pro, AI etc.. also got Dreamweaver CS3 - there is no problems running them and they say full compatibility on their web page with Vista