Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Question about USB connectivity and Pocket PC with other d..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 1:09:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 4:22:12 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

<aquollie@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1108577357.492094.221210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.
>

Nope, can't do that. Both your camera and your Pocket PC are peripheral
devices. The USB system does not support peer-to-peer comunication and thus
requires a host controller.

Ian.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:50:39 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:22:12 -0000, Electrical Fan Club:

> <aquollie@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1108577357.492094.221210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
>> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
>> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
>> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
>> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.
>>
>
> Nope, can't do that. Both your camera and your Pocket PC are peripheral
> devices. The USB system does not support peer-to-peer comunication and thus
> requires a host controller.
>
> Ian.

I believe there was a USB Expansion Pack for iPaqs. But since you
didn't state your device's type... :-|
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~frst-ii/
Related resources
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 1:40:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

<aquollie@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1108577357.492094.221210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm wondering if there is something that will allow me to hook my
> camera up to my Pocket PC? Both have connectors that allow for USB
> outs. Is there a unit i can plug both usb connectors into that will
> allow my pocket pc to retrieve the data on my camera? Must be a
> porable unit battery powered I assume. Thanks for you time.

There is such a device - its called a PC (personal computer). The "
portable battery-powered" version is known as a "laptop". This will be able
to retrieve photos from your camera and transfer them to your Pocket PC :o )

Tony
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 11:03:05 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Again, tony is a jackass. thanks

I've read about the SYNCBOX and syncbox 2 coming out soon. anyone used
this or know if this would meet my needs? sounds pretty good. by Macally
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 11:47:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

aquollie@aol.com wrote:
> Again, tony is a jackass. thanks
>
> I've read about the SYNCBOX and syncbox 2 coming out soon. anyone
used
> this or know if this would meet my needs? sounds pretty good. by
Macally

I think that it might be nesescary to have a certain type of filesystem
on the device, because one of its features is that it lets you browse
files and folders. So this might not work for "exotic" filesystems,
like the Alphasmart Neo's.
!