hellow
my old computer is:
AMD athlon xp 3200+ (2.2ghz) (NOT OC)
512 Ram
geforce 5200fx
250w psu
200hdd

the average temperature when its at resting, it is about 35 -40C
but when i play games like starwars or starcraft, call of duty the temperature goes up to 64C (i have new computer to play newer games but sometimes.. play with this computer)
is it normal??
when i read the forums in here about the cpu temps, i thought this was high.
and my cooler is running at 2000RPM (i think the size is 60mm)
i dont have a mind to change the cooler
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2007 11:44:05 PM

jhyukkang said:
hellow
my old computer is:
AMD athlon xp 3200+ (2.2ghz) (NOT OC)
512 Ram
geforce 5200fx
250w psu
200hdd

the average temperature when its at resting, it is about 35 -40C
but when i play games like starwars or starcraft, call of duty the temperature goes up to 64C (i have new computer to play newer games but sometimes.. play with this computer)
is it normal??
when i read the forums in here about the cpu temps, i thought this was high.
and my cooler is running at 2000RPM (i think the size is 60mm)
i dont have a mind to change the cooler

Airflow with fresh air moving into the case and hot air being extracted out the back with case fans can lower your system's temps significantly. It could be your case has no intake of fresh air from the front because of case design. If you don't already have intake and exhaust case fans, install them if possible. Use 120mm when possible. A case like this has an open mesh front that provides great intake of fresh air and a 120mm exhaust fan. Also, use compressed air to blow the dust out of your case. A 250 watt psu can become loaded pretty quickly and run hot causing a lot of hot air into the case. If worse comes to worse, take the side panel off and put a house fan blowing into the case from the side. That will cool down that monster. :sol: 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
September 24, 2007 11:53:46 PM

i have one 80mm case fan in the back
and like a week ago, i bought a geforce 5200fx for my brother.
which makes heat to. so im trying to get one more 80mm case fan next to the graphics card.(i dont want to buy one fan from newegg cus i dont want to pay 5$ for shipping when the fan is only 2$) oh this graphics card doesnt have a cooler. im putting the case fan next to it .
!