Help a Soldier Please - HP TORO-I Mainboard Prob

stacman755

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Yes I am a soldier stationed at Ft Bragg, NC and I am in need of some serious guru help. I rescued this board/processor from a beat up HP DC7100 Desktop destined for the trash heap while in Afghanistan - thing still worked! Anyway, it is a 3.0Ghz P4 Hyperthreader and the board is an HP TORO-I CPB Rev:C part #365864-001. HP cannot help me out because it is out of warranty and their technical reference material online isn't all that "technical." What I need to know is the following:

1) I need the pin-out for the front bezel jumpers on the board e.g. Power switch, LED, HDD LED, etc. I can provide pics.
2) I need the pin-out for the front audio/mic.
3) I need to know how to change the case fan jumper from 4-pin (board) to 3-pin (case fan).

I have everything else connected but, I really don't want to screw up this board by trial and error so if someone could help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Stacman

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
This motherboard is built specifically for this case that comes with. If you take this motherboard to a generic atx case, it will probably won't work.

gwbm

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Apart from the I/O connector layout, this motherboard is a standard micro ATX with standard fixing holes. It will fit a generic case OK. For neatness, of course, you will need the unique I/O shield, which you can, hopefully, remove from the HP DC7100 case. Regarding the case fan, I presume you mean the one marked on the board as the "Chassis Fan". The connector is a bit of a mystery - but do you really need a case fan. Now I have a question - is one of your CPU cooler mounting holes smaller than the other three? Mine is, why?