Sound card for Vista

phillyman36

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
Hey anyone who has Windows Vista Home prem Edition what sound card are you using? Right now i have a Soundblaster Audigy 2zs and there seems to be issues with this card when moving to Vista. Before i upgrade from xp i want to have as few problems as possible so which card do you all have?

my rig specs are

Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Core 2 Duo E6600
2 gigs of ram
Evga 6800
3 hard drives (1 Raptor 150 gig and 2 seagate 320 gigs)
Audigy 2 zs sound card and 2 dvd burners

sailer

Splendid

Last I read from Creative was that they were not going to supply drivers for the Audigy series of cards. The reason was that the Audigy series was too old. I have a X-FI Fatality in my computer and it came with one driver disc for XP and a separate one for Vista. Its working great.

I am waiting for Ceative's next round of sound cards for Vista. The few cards they offer that are fully functional with Vista are either too expensive or not available.

http://193.95.171.84/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...00000000253853482,K=782,Sxi=15,Case=obj(9286)

What is the impact of Windows Vista™ on the Sound Blaster X-Fi series of products? Are there any significant changes after installing new drivers?

Drivers updated from the web will comply with UAA standards. However, due to Microsoft's new Windows Vista™ architecture, some features may be lost. Please refer to the (WRN) Web Release Notes (WRN) found with the new driver downloads for details

Mati87

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Using Vista Home Premium and have the X-Fi Xtremegamer. Works great with the latest driver and alchemy enables EAX in games. If you are willing to wait I'd go for the X-Fi Prelude.