Is this a good deal (Case+PSU)

Hi guys, I posted another thread earlier about a possible case/psu combo I was thinking about, and then saw this here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021 and was wondering if that was a good deal or not? Is the NeoHE a good psu?

Also, what makes the Antec cases so nice that they're (most) all over $100?

And how does that 900 series or the P180/182 compare performance-wise to the Centurion 5 or 534?

6 answers Last reply
More about good deal case
  1. pous said:
    Hi guys, I posted another thread earlier about a possible case/psu combo I was thinking about, and then saw this here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021 and was wondering if that was a good deal or not? Is the NeoHE a good psu?

Also, what makes the Antec cases so nice that they're (most) all over $100?

And how does that 900 series or the P180/182 compare performance-wise to the Centurion 5 or 534?

I don't know what makes them so expensive, but I really like that case. If I had the money I would have bought that case for this build I just did. I would say if you have the money, go for it!
  2. Antec cases just have good overall build quality for the most part, good cooling and looks too, you get what you pay for!
  3. So performance-wise are they better than the Coolermaster Centurion cases? The price on the Centurion 534 is much more appealing... only 49.99, compared to the 129.99 of the average Antec I saw.
  4. Not all antec cases are so expensive. I've waited and gotten both mine at Fry's electronics or Fry's.com for $30 or less after rebates. You just have to be patient and wait for deals. I also use slickdeals.net, which lists links to many electronic items. So far, I've gotten 3 rebates from antec totaling $125.
  5. Only problem with rebates... is that I don't really trust myself to send them in... other than that... I really have to purchase my components from Newegg due to being financed through them.

Thank you for the info though :D
  6. The Antec 900 will perform better then the Centurion, but having friends with each of those cases, I would say that the Centurion is still a very good case, especially for the price. The Antec 900 is HUGE, so if you would want to move your computer around a lot, it wouldn't be too good of a choice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product