WideScreen V.S FullScreen

kier1992

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Id like to know what you people prefer Wide or Full? i heard some games don't play in widescreen can someone write a list of the ones that can't and the ones that can but need a hack?

Vertigo...

A house without a garage? Never heard of such thing.

Even the super small budget houses have 1 car garages.

/Then again, I guess there is more to the world then the crazy South West.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
It's all preference.
I strongly prefer the full size screen.

I have Wide Screen on my laptop only because it's hard to get a full size 17" on a laptop. I had one once and it rocked, but I can't find anyone who makes them anymore.

My main desktop runs Dual 19" Full Screens.

sailer

Splendid
I have a full screen 19" one computer and a wide screen 22" on a separate computer. One thing that surprised me was that the 22" wide screen is really only an elongated 19" with a higher resolution. The 22" wide screen is actually smaller than the 22" full screen that it replaced. :heink: I'm thinking of getting a 24" wide screen to get back to the larger screen size.

Are there any issues with interpolation if thats the right word do games have to be made for widescreen or what, I have always thought that the image had to be distorted slightly to fit a wide screen?
Mactronix

sailer

Splendid
As I remember, that depends on the game. Some games will end up distorted, or they may cut off the top and bottom of the screen. Many newer games have had updates that correct for the screen, but older ones will probably just look strange, like objects that are fat and short instead of being shown normally.

Cheers sailor thats pretty much what i thought just checking as things move on and its been years since i looked at them, personally i wont entertain a widescreen as a TV never mind a monitor just dont like the picture i know someone just got a new state of the art bid widescreen and it still depends on the programe as to weather you loose bits or end up wathcing squashed people :lol:
Mactronix

Here is something that I did for some time, consider it.

a 19in is as tall as a 22in wide screen. Go dual monitors!

use the 19in for games and the like that do not support wide screen, and the 22in for more productivity.

4745454b

Titan
It depends on what I'm using the computer for. I prefer CRTs on my computer for the ability to change resolution in games. Having never seen a widescreen CRT, I use full screen monitors. If however the computer would see extensive use playing movies, then I would want a widescreen one, as I can't stand the chopped view that full screen provides. The current setup I have now works very well. Screen one is my CRT monitor, while screen two is hooked up to my TV.

saiyan

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
Go buy a 23-24in wide screeen LCD running 1920x1200 resolution.
And if your favorite games don't support wide screen resolution, you can always run them in 1600x1200 without sacrificing video quality.

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Comptia its funny you say that. I do the exact opposite. But i guess we're talking about about preference then arent we?

lol

ps. bioshock rocks!

Well now I cant stand 4:3 monitors.

What I do is play everything in windowed mode when possible,... and I use dual wide screen monitors since it makes everything better.

Even oblivion maxed on settings runs well in windowed mode...
WHY?

Because I can multitask easier VIA Alt Tab, while running monitors and other things on the side (and same window).

Bioshock out yet? (I should know this).