Can't get sound with Asus Striker Extreme mobo With SupremeFX audio

cgyacht

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
I can't get the SupremeFX audio card that comes with the Striker Extreme to work. The driver doesn't install from the CD, therefore I have no sound. I am new to this and will greatly appreciate anyones help with this problem.
This is my first build and I probably messed something up but everything else works perfectly.

Again thanks a lot.
CG
editQuick editansweranswer +answer -

cgyacht

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
Yeah I did. Still doesn't work. I am waiting for a reply from Asus also. Thanks for the suggestion Winly.

CG

It now tells me that the HD audio bus driver is needed and not found. I have no idea where to get this bus driver.

Simon326

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
I am having the same sort of problems. I have the striker extreme and decided to try the supremefx since it came with it, instead of paying for a new sound blaster. However I keep getting the message that a file is missing when I use the cd. I tried downloading the driver from asus and got the same message. I would really appreciate some help as my wife is going to kill me if I spend anymore money on my computer.

radium02

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I have this motherboard and had this problem sort of. You have to navigate into the CD to some Audio folder and then to your operating system, like Vista, 2003, or XP.

Also, if you have Vista, I am pretty sure that you will not have to install a driver.

I am away right now and do now have the CD with me, but I know it is in there.

Best of luck.

Grotius

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I had a similar problem, but my fix was embarrassingly easy. I wired my Striker's onboard sound to my speakers with the optical out, and I had forgotten to switch the input source from Speakers to SPDIF. Any chance that's the issue for you?

As for the driver, the Asus disk does include the driver, I think -- it just doesn't properly install the SoundMax software. (What the heck is up with that?) What OS are you using, and what do you see when you select your sound device's properties in Device Manager?

kingchad30

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
now i have exact same problem. But to let u all know i have vista 64 ultimate. Soundcard worked fine and installed from plug and play withoyt installing from cd until i took it out and reseated it then i got all the problems that u guys bn talking about. Eg files are missing when reinstalling from cd. Best bet is to reseat your souncard in the flimsy slot and best of luck. I think i damaged mines.

good luck

G

CG - or Charles on 12/1/08

I have no idea what all this tech stuff means...just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday.

claxtell@sbcglobal.net

yohecleal

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I just talk to asus support because i have the same problem, and let me tell you: THIS CARD ONLY WORK ON MOTHERBOARD THAT COMES WITH THAT CARD, SO IS NOT GOING TO WORK ON ANY OTHER BOARD.