Problems with installing 1950 pro ultimate edition

Xezutal

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
I uninstalled my nvidia card, inserted my ati card and installed the drivers from the CD. I got columns of flickering horisontal lines all over the screen and there's obviously something wrong (games don't work etc). Then I figured out I needed to use driver cleaner so I cleaned up the nvidia drivers and I also installed the new drivers from the ati site, but this only made it worse. A few seconds after entering windows I get "dropping of physical memory" and something about an error with ATIdvag2. And that was when I made my genious move and changed some settings in my bios and now my screen is black... I think I switched some display settings from PCIe to some integrated motherboard ****. Well, so I'm finding it kind of hard to fix anything with a black screen. Suggestions?

Well im not an expert so you might want to get some other replies but i do know that if you remove the watch type battery on the mobo wait a bit 10-20 secs for residual charge to die down and reinstall it it will reset the bios settings but that may be a bit extreme in your case dont know what else you may loose i was told about it as a last resort type thing a couple years ago.
Mactronix

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Make sure everything is tightened down properly first. Clearing CMOS should put the card back to primary display, but you will have to go back and configure BIOS again (shouldn't be tough as long as you know what you are doing). Provided your display is now working, I would suggest going into safe mode and add/remove programs and eliminating all graphics drivers then running the driver cleaner. Upon reboot into normal mode install the drivers and reboot when it tells you to, don't say later (I have had problems with ATi cards saying later). If you are still having graphical glitches, try the Omega drivers, it's worth a shot. Still no luck, try another monitor if you have access to one. If it still gives you glitches, the card may be defective.

Xezutal

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
I got the display working. Installed the omega drivers but still got graphucal glitches, and I can play any games. If I do, I get error messages like "Failed to find a suitable display device. Exciting program". Also, I don't get these graphical glitches with my old card (when the drivers are not installed), so I guess maybe the card is defect?

TRENDING THREADS