sjoebul

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Ok, so I built a new system that I was planning on taking to college. However upon powering the system up, there is no display on the monitor. I thought that it might be a graphics card problem so I switched gpus and there is still no display. I have an ABIT AB9 Pro motherboard and the first graphics card was an EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS. The second gpu was a PNY GeForce 7300 GS. I have a 650 Watt power supply, four Gigs of RAM, and a Core 2 Duo E6850 processor. The monitor is a Dell flatscreen. I don't know what model it is because I bought it a few years ago. However, it was working just fine on my old computer. I tried connecting an old CRT monitor to the system and it had no display either. If it helps, I am recieving the 2A post code error. I don't believe that is causing my problem, but I can't be sure as I don't have a floppy drive to update the BIOS as of yet. Any help is most appreciated!

Darkseid

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
HELLO SJOEBUL
I too have recently redone my system as to a nasty HDD failure and have had the very similar problem with no DVI signal that you are experiencing except mine was an AF code displayed on the mobo's LED with an annoying beep sound. The code did not show up in the manual and from many hours of surfing the nets many forums and the process of elimination and trouble shooting I found that removing all the sticks off memory except for 1 unit solved the problem until I could get all the Windows updates and drivers configured properly and what not I have succesfully got my system up and running. Try that and let me know how you fair OK trust me it's worth a try.Cheers!!

Darkseid

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Also SJOEBUL
It seems that in Abit's Bios update info that if you do not have version 1.7 or newer that this is a problem that they supposedly have corrected in the ver 1.7 bios update,Cheers!!