Closed

FT-Unlocked PIII Engineering Sample

This is a factory unlocked CPU. I've tested it at all mutlipliers from 3.0x to 8.0x, they all work. It's marked as an 800MHz CPU, but runs much faster (got it with a board clocked at 933 stock voltage). It should go well over 1GHz with a slight raise in core voltage. It requires a board with multiplier controll.

I'm looking to trade it for a PIII 933.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
4 answers Last reply
More about unlocked piii engineering sample
  1. this chip is marked 800MHz but is built to run at 933MHz, therefore making it a 933MHz CPU.
  2. No, it's an Engineering Sample that will run at ANY multiplier. The board it came one was simply set to 7x by jumper. And that board is damaged. The board I bought it for has no multiplier jumpers, so it defaults to 4x133. Is it the fault of my board? No, because all RETAIL processors WERE locked.

3. And it seems I bought a PIII "800" engineering sample from someone after paying for a 933EB. It's not compatable with most Socket 370 boards because most Socket370 boards can't adjust the multiplier manually. I'm looking to trade it for something STANDARD, and even willing to throw in the Slot 1 adapter if that person needs a Slot1 CPU.

Ask a new question

Read More

Classifieds Font CPUs Hot Deals