HELP! Overclocking Foxconn P35A-S and e2160

FatFish1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
After reading the $89 e2160 overclocking article I decided to jump in and see if I can replicate the results with a new Foxconn P35A-S motherboard and e2160 processor.

I have built several systems but am a Noob at OCing and haven't overclocked since my Socket-A days. The Foxconn BIOS is confusing me. I can get it to post and run windows fine at stock speeds but can't figure out how to change the FSB.

When I try to Change the "CPU FSB Over Clock Choice" I can only enter values 800 and higher. When I tried a high value I got some message when I booted that said something about the CPU being at 200mhz bus speed. When I changed it to 1333 the system won't even post.

I am using an EVGA 8800GTS 320MB and Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory.

Any help would be appreciated.

AW281092

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Hi I also have the exact same mobo and am having a similar problem.

I don't think it has what's called a CPU multiplier which converts the FSB speed to the CPU processing power automatically. So all OCing will have to be done completely manually

On the Asus boards they have a thing which sets all your voltages and stuff like that but wheres the fun in that lol

I can get mine stable at a 1200FSB with nothing else done (roughly 2.7ghz on the CPU)(Q6600)but as you said earlier not 1333

but if your looking for a 3ghz+ then i think you need to set voltages and i dont really know what to do from there.

I'd imagine that someone thoroughly in the know would be able to do it fine
but it's my first OC so i don't really know exactly how it works

If i find out i'll email you or something but Q6600 and the e1620 or whatever might be different

brazilian-six-miler@hotmail.co.uk