Okai so i bought a new rig and made it
Apevia x cruiser
Radeon X1950XT 256mb
Corsair 520HX
G.SKILL 2GB 800MHZ
GA-P35-DS3R
E6750

1) Voltage
Know i go onto bios >MB intelligent tweaker (MIT) > system voltage optimized > DDR2 over voltage control (+0.2v)

as you can see it says (+0.2v) i know nothink about RAM but on newegg the ram i have says "Voltage 1.8V - 2.0V"
so do i need to change the voltage to say 1.8 or 1.9? i am not overclocking i just want what it says lol but i am guessing it want damage cpu gpu ram or my computer what so ever?

So you can see why i am asking this because at the moment it says voltage is on +0.2v and newegg says needs 1.8-2.0 and on newegg reviews people says 1.9v

2) Timings
Id like to know what my timings are at the moment to see if it is on 5-5-5-15, if i need to change how do i go about doing this?

3) CPU voltage
This is nothink to do with RAM but im putting it on here so i dont make two threads;

should my ram be using "Voltage 0.962V-1.350V"? and how can i check if it is?
3 answers Last reply
More about memory voltage timings
  1. 1) The board should give the ram 1.8v automatically, so work out the additions from there...... might run on 1.8v, but if its unstable then just increase the +0.1v, etc until it's stable.

2) Not familiar with that BIOS, but for the timings settings look for 'chipset config', 'spd timings' or something similar. Basically just go into every sub-menu in your bios until you find the numbers you are looking for!:-)

3) Not sure what the stock voltage is for that CPU, but if the motherboard hasn't set it correctly automatically I would be very surprised.
  2. On the main page, hit alt+F1 or ctrl+F1 (not sure which). But it should let you mess with ram timings when you go back into the MIT.
  3. Download and run memtest86+ to make sure your RAM is working fine. Download and run CPU-Z and/or PC Wizard 2007 to see what speed your CPU is running, what is programmed into your RAM's SPD, what speed the RAM is actually running at, etc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Memory Voltage