Task manager

When I try to open task manager, I get an error saying that the
administrator has disabled it. My user account is an admin and I am
trying to get it enabled.
How do you get Task Manager enabled??
Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Task-manager-ftopict552869.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753297

Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Enable/Disable Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3_1753297_6f20f1c1ac82d497cfbb5a4b8dccae9c@windowsforumz.com,
Scoops <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I try to open task manager, I get an error saying that the
> administrator has disabled it. My user account is an admin and I am
> trying to get it enabled.
> How do you get Task Manager enabled??
> Thanks

> request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Task-manager-ftopict552869.html Visit
> Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"Scoops" wrote:
> When I try to open task manager, I get an error saying that
> the administrator has disabled it. My user account is an
> admin and I am trying to get it enabled.
> How do you get Task Manager enabled??
> Thanks

If your using XP Home, your in big trouble, if your using XP Pro, boot
into safe mode, do lots and lots of spyware scans, Start > Run | mmc,
then go file > add snapin, clikc add..., selecte group policy, then
make sure it says localcomputer. Then press close and ok. Go to LCP >
UC > Admin Temp > System > Ctrl+Alt+Del Options and ensure that task
manager is not disabled here.