Sign in with
Your question

Antec Nine Hundred Case & Thermaltake 120 Ultra

Last response: in Components
August 13, 2007 3:10:06 PM

Hi before I buy an Antec Nine Hundred case does anyone one if it's possible to put a Thermaltake 120 Ultra cooler mounted on a Gigabyte DS3 in this case while still being able to put a 120mm side fan on the case.

Also anyone know of any other good cases for around the £80 mark.

Thanks in advance
August 13, 2007 10:40:33 PM

Im not sure about it fitting in the Antec900 but i would think it should those cases are big mothers.

Maybe also look at a P180 or even P190 (although the P190 are expensive)

I know for a fact that, that cooler will fit in a Coolermaster Stacker (you do have to remove the fan holder but it fits) as i have built one of these before. They are a well built roomy case although this maybe over the price range also.
August 14, 2007 9:32:15 AM

With my Thermalright ultra 120 I cannot use a side fan. I'm tempted to have a go at modding the fan to make it fit. It is only one corner that is in the way. I think the fan has enough clearance to make it.
Related resources
August 14, 2007 11:49:50 AM

Most reports/reviews ive seen or been told about say that it fits but not with the side fan.
August 14, 2007 1:15:36 PM

axissally said:
With my Thermalright ultra 120 I cannot use a side fan. I'm tempted to have a go at modding the fan to make it fit. It is only one corner that is in the way. I think the fan has enough clearance to make it.

Why in the world do you want to do this?

I have 6 case fans in my tower; and no side fans at all...

I'm running a e6600 on a P5WDH at 3.7 and under full load it once in a while peeks at 55 for brief periods of time.. most of the time its at 43
!