Will this RAM work on my gigabyte P35 DS3R?

leecreek

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Hi
Just a quick question. Why are you so concerned about using the Patriot ram? If you havant bought it yet, why not just purchase some off the gigabyte list. Btw, the giga board you are asking about will not use just any ram. I found out the hardway. But thats not saying that that Patriot ram will not work. Maybe I am just slow but I dont understand...

Good luck

jive

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2007

I have the same mobo as you, and I got 4 gig crucial ballistick 1066 and it's not in the support list on gigabyte site. It's work find, just don't forget to check the voltage for the ram to be sure it's good. and don't forget the ctrl-F1 in the bios to get all the options.

I have that ram and board and it works fine,

Default voltage running @ 667 4,4,4,10 to match my old stuff.

Just for your info for 4,4,4,12 @ 800 they say 2.2 volts on the package. the board will do it if you want it. should be able to even get that @ 2.1 or lower. You will just need to do some testing.

And the SPD timings have 1000 @ 5,5,5,15 :)

If you want to run in time with the CPU set the mem ratio of 2(thats what gigibyte calls there 1:1)
and press ctrl+f1(on the main screen) to unlock all the good options in the bios

@ supremelaw - the board defaults to 800 5,5,5,15 so 1.8 is enough to boot and change it