looking for some advice OCing an E6750

R1ckman

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2007
Hi Folks,

I was hoping you could offer me a bit of assistance with my first overclock using an C2D E6750.

Spec:
C2D E6750
Asus Commando Mother Board
2Gb Corsair DDR2 800
Antec Neopower 650W PSU
Antec 900 Case

The issue i am having is i'm trying to overclock the CPU to 3200Mhz, but Orthos is throwing up errors after about 30 minuits of stress testing. The current settings i am trying are as follows:

CPU Frequency - 400
Muliplier - X8
CPU VCore Voltage - 1.4375V (CPU-Z reports it at 1.384)
NB Volatage - Auto
FSB Termination Voltage - Auto
Memory Voltage - 2.100V
FSB : DRAM - 1:1
Timings - 5-5-5-15

I'm slightly worried about the VCore voltage here, it seems to me to be getting a tad high. Core temps on load are running at about 60C on stock cooling, i'm planning on getting a decent cooler soon, but i think a 3.2 OC should be ok with the current cooler. I believe i'm not asking alot to try and get the CPU up to 3.2 with this chip having read about people getting to this sort of speed with out having to increase the VCore by much.

As this is my first real attempt at overclocking, i was hoping if you guys can point out some thing obvious i'm doing wrong here, should i really be needing to up the VCore this much (i don't really want to raise it much more) or if i take the NB Voltage off auto and increase it would this help in any way or is this a memory issue? Or is my CPU just not being very cooperative regarding the overclock?

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!