Program text language problem

Hi,

Yesterday I formatted my HP Pavilion Laptop and this morning many of my Korean programs are coded with symbols.
I cannot read the text on the shortcuts and when using the program. The font looks like this:

¾¾³×¶ô ¹«·á¹®ÀÚ

How can I fix this??
3 answers Last reply
More about program text language problem
  1. Formatting means erasing your hard disk, so you must have then installed an Operating System. What did you install, and where did you get the disk from? Was it a Korean language version of the Operating System?
  2. Oh, I just had this computer tech guy format my laptop because something was wrong with the system. I guess he didn't do a very good job then. hmmm. So it would be a problem with the OS language version that was installed? Isn't there a way just to configure the language on my laptop? ah. I appreciate you effort helping me. thanks.
    But I still don't have the best answer.

I live in Indonesia.
  3. I think you need to take it back to the guy and ask him to set it up correctly for you. You should also make sure that he installs a legal copy of the OS, not a pirated one. Windows comes in different versions to support different languages and it sounds like you either have a version that doesn't support Korean or else it is wrongly configured.

When you pay someone to do a job of work for you they have certain obligations to do it correctly. Take the computer back to him.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops HP Pavilion Apps