Outlook Express errors

On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the message
"Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc

How does one "repair" Outlook?
Judy
10 answers Last reply
More about outlook express errors

    In news:%23qFJRmDgFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Judy L <me@anywhere.com> had this to say:

    > On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    > message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    > close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >
    > How does one "repair" Outlook?
    > Judy

    How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ...:

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Judy L wrote:
    > On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    > message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    > close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >
    > How does one "repair" Outlook?
    > Judy

    Outlook and OE are *NOT* the same. Using them interchangeably will only lead
    to confusion.

    "Judy L" <me@anywhere.com> wrote in message
    > On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    > message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    > close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >
    > How does one "repair" Outlook?
    > Judy

    Is OE set to open in the Inbox?

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Sorry - I meant Outlook Express

    > Judy L wrote:
    >> On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    >> message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >>
    >> How does one "repair" Outlook?
    >> Judy
    >
    > Outlook and OE are *NOT* the same. Using them interchangeably will only
    > lead to confusion.

    Thanks Galen, Im sorry to say that after I did that - it still did not work.
    I just then tried to open Outlook Express and got the same message again (as
    below)
    What next?
    Judy

    >> On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    >> message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >>
    >> How does one "repair" Outlook?
    >> Judy
    >
    > How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ...:
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
    > without them."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

    Do you know how to read?

    Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc

    That would mean what?

    > Judy L wrote:
    >> On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    >> message "
    >>
    >> How does one "repair" Outlook?
    >> Judy
    >
    > Outlook and OE are *NOT* the same. Using them interchangeably will only
    > lead to confusion.

    >> On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    >> message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >>
    >> How does one "repair" Outlook?
    >> Judy
    >
    > Is OE set to open in the Inbox?

    Yes, it is
    Judy

    >>> On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    >>> message "Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >>> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >>>
    >>> How does one "repair" Outlook?
    >>> Judy
    >>
    >> Is OE set to open in the Inbox?
    >
    > Yes, it is
    > Judy
    >>
    >> --
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    >> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
    >> http://www.fjsmjs.com
    >> Protect your PC
    >> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/

    Don't store messages in the Inbox. It is the folder most apt to be
    corrupted. As soon as you read them move them to user created folders.
    Then compact the Inbox regularly.

    Go to where OE is storing its files with Windows Explorer and move (not
    copy) Inbox.dbx to an empty Windows
    folder. With Win2K, WinXP and Win2K3 it will be a hidden file.

    You can use either of these tools to extract the messages from the old DBX
    file:

    DBXtract ($5): http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/ although this tool is faster
    and better:
    DBXpress: ($25) http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx
    Do NOT extract to the desktop!
    With a large file this can take a long time, so let it keep running.

    The messages can be dragged from a Windows folder back into an OE folder in
    OE's Folder List.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Pete - no need to be sarcastic - Im sure everyone has at some stage received
    the message and knows what Im talking about.

    Thank you anyway, I'll go elsewhere
    Judy

    "Pete" <Hott@wuy.com> wrote in message
    > Do you know how to read?
    >
    > Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >>> close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" etc etc etc
    >
    > That would mean what?
    >
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> Judy L wrote:
    >>> On my laptop, when I tried to open emails this morning, I got the
    >>> message "
    >>>
    >>> How does one "repair" Outlook?
    >>> Judy
    >>
    >> Outlook and OE are *NOT* the same. Using them interchangeably will only
    >> lead to confusion.

    That was not directed twords you.........read the post
    > Pete - no need to be sarcastic - Im sure everyone has at some stage
    > received the message and knows what Im talking about.
    >
    > Thank you anyway, I'll go elsewhere
    > Judy
    >
    > "Pete" <Hott@wuy.com> wrote in message
    >> Do you know how to read?
    >>
    >> Outlook Expresss has encountered a problem and needs to
    >>
    >> That would mean what?
    >>
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    >>> Outlook and OE are *NOT* the same. Using them interchangeably will only
    >>> lead to confusion.

Outlook Express Outlook Windows XP