Black screen with cursor

Hello, I have a hp dv9000 windows vista 64 bit and after it has some apparent viruses i ran mwb and it found over 200... when i went to restart it gave me a bsod 0x24. I did startup repair and it fixed that now i just have a black screen with a cursor when i try starting up in normal mode or any of the 3 safe modes. I cant click anything while i am on the black screen... I have tried chkdsk, mini xp through hirens to do more virus scans and no luck... i am not able to run sfc. I am out of ideas... I really really don't want to reformat... any suggestions?
8 answers Last reply
More about black screen cursor
  1. Quote:
    Hello, I have a hp dv9000 windows vista 64 bit and after it has some apparent viruses i ran mwb and it found over 200... when i went to restart it gave me a bsod 0x24. I did startup repair and it fixed that now i just have a black screen with a cursor when i try starting up in normal mode or any of the 3 safe modes. I cant click anything while i am on the black screen... I have tried chkdsk, mini xp through hirens to do more virus scans and no luck... i am not able to run sfc. I am out of ideas... I really really don't want to reformat... any suggestions?



    HI asde88,


    Your system is Virus infected,so first of all you need to scan your hole system through any Anti Virus. then your problem will solve.

    but now if you don't have a time for scanning your system, you can use this steps for login in your computer.

    when have see the BLACK screen & only the mouse arrow.
    you should PRESS - CTRL+ALT+DEL.

    after that the Task Manager will open then - go to File -> New Task (Run..) -> type "desktop or explorer.exe " -> OK.

    then you will see your Desktop and able to use you computer with out format ...

    n'joy !!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. i tried ctrl+alt+del,.. ctrl+shift+esc.. still blackscreen and cursor... even in safe mode.. I almost tried every thing but still I have black screen and cursor..
    need some help pls... thnxsss
  3. after pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL have you seen the Task Manager ?

    if YES.

    then following - after that the Task Manager will open then - go to File -> New Task (Run..) -> type "desktop or explorer.exe " -> OK.
  4. Any more answers to the original question/problem? I'm faced with the same thing...also on an HP dv9000 laptop...
  5. rockrose said:
    Any more answers to the original question/problem? I'm faced with the same thing...also on an HP dv9000 laptop...


    Scan your hole system through any Anti-Virus Software..
  6. purushottamaher said:
    Scan your hole system through any Anti-Virus Software..



    tried all of these steps.

    ctrl alt del will render no screens or comands.

    all button combos gibe me nothing only black screen with cursor.
    even in safe modes.


    Please help!
  7. purushottamaher said:
    Scan your hole system through any Anti-Virus Software..

    how do you scan a system, without a system?
  8. poopcake said:
    tried all of these steps.

    ctrl alt del will render no screens or comands.

    all button combos gibe me nothing only black screen with cursor.
    even in safe modes.


    Please help!

    found this problem on 2 computers lately. I used the monitor adjustments and reset factory on monitor. It worked on both computers. Windows XP and 2000
Ask a new question

Read More

Cursor Hewlett Packard Windows Vista