Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Antec 900 Help

Last response: in Components
August 14, 2007 3:00:38 AM

I was just putting all my stuff into the Antec 900 tonight and when i tried to plug in the 12 volt power at the top of my Gigabyte mobo (P35-DSR3) and my Tuniq Tower 120... i didnt have enough space to reach my hand back there to plug it in.. i looked to see if the top of the case came off where the 200mm fan is located, i did see it pop up a little bit.. but not sure if there is a trick to getting that off... I was going to take that off and go in from the fan hole to plug that power in.

If anyone knows how to do this.. please let me know... i really dont want to have to take the whole thing out again or take my tuniq tower off to reach behind there.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

More about : antec 900

August 14, 2007 6:28:49 AM

I just perservered till I got it on around my thermalright 120ultra. Just suck it in :) 
August 14, 2007 10:05:35 AM

ok... that response was about as worthless as tits on a boar hog....

next intelligent response please
Related resources
August 14, 2007 2:19:57 PM

'i really dont want to have to take the whole thing out again or take my tuniq tower off to reach behind there.
'

ummm....lazy?

but i must say rofl to 'ok... that response was about as worthless as tits on a boar hog.... '
August 14, 2007 3:08:32 PM

Plazma I had a similar issue when building my machine... In the end I determined that the top doesn’t come off :(  I eventually just pulled the MB out to make my connection.
August 14, 2007 3:12:53 PM

i think it does, either side of the cpu heatsink(obviously above it on the top of the case inside) i think there are two clips that u have to push out. i may be wrong tho. i tried to get them off but cudnt get my hand around my asus silent square pro. i wud of taken it off but i didnt really need to take the top of the case off.
a c 79 ) Power supply
August 14, 2007 3:34:16 PM

there should just be tabs to release the top of the case. you may need to take off both sides to get access.

EDIT
damn looks like one tab is over the cooler.....thats not so good....got a long flat screw driver?
August 15, 2007 12:05:05 AM

for a job that doesn't really take too long it is hardly worth pulling the case apart. Just put your hand flat & guide it to the socket & clip it in, use the rigidness of the cable for extra length (so your hand doesn't have to go right to bottom...I did it again last night, took me 15-20 seconds.
a c 79 ) Power supply
August 15, 2007 3:21:47 PM

axissally said:
for a job that doesn't really take too long it is hardly worth pulling the case apart. Just put your hand flat & guide it to the socket & clip it in, use the rigidness of the cable for extra length (so your hand doesn't have to go right to bottom...I did it again last night, took me 15-20 seconds.

lol.....I've done that for hard to reach sata ports.
August 15, 2007 4:06:36 PM

grieve said:
Plazma I had a similar issue when building my machine... In the end I determined that the top doesn’t come off :(  I eventually just pulled the MB out to make my connection.

Nice !! learn something new everyday.
August 15, 2007 7:00:18 PM

grieve said:

I guess that means there's no EASY way around the matter. Its either the mobo or half the case.
August 18, 2007 2:59:53 PM

yeah.. i just took out the mobo.. and yeah.. i was being lazy... just cause with that Tuniq Tower in there, it made getting to some things a real pain in the arse.
Everything is up and running now... got vista installed, now its just trying to tweak that POS to make it work right ;) 

a b ) Power supply
January 24, 2012 2:48:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!