P5N-E SLI CPU Socket problem

bob6k

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
I got a P5N-E Sli at the start of the week however when i mounted the cpu and tried to latch the metal plate (the plate that must be lifted in order to mount the cpu and latched over it once mounted) over it, great force was required and the cpu started making grinding noises. Naturally i stopped and removed the cpu and found the metal plate had an upwards curvature to it. I returned the motherboard and the cpu to eBuyer and my replacements arrived today, however the metal plate is curved in exactly the same way, obviously this is how the board is designed, so I was wondering if i did anything wrong the first time or if the force is simply required.

Thanks

SteelZ

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Woah! Scary! I Too Have a P5n-e sli i had absolutly no problems in installing my Cpu.. did u put it in the right way?? it sounds like the cpu is abit off! some force was needed but not till griding noises started occuring !! Yikes!

gscrugg2

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
Hate to say it but you sent that board back for no reason. You just have to use a lot of force and do it quickly until it locks in place. I doubt you could break the cpu.