Resident Evil Gameboy?

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Hi all, just stumbled upon some screenshots I've never seen before of a
Gameboy RE port. I don't know if they're genuine, but they certainly
look like an authentic port.

In one of the pics you can clearly see the zombie that killed Kenneth,
and man would this game have been impressive.

http://www.rehorror.com/canc.regb.html

Cheers,
Rob

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

They are indeed genuine. Capcom simply felt that Resident Evil's
atmosphere was not intact in the port, despite its impressive
technical qualities. Remember: Mikami scrapped one nearly complete
version of RE 2 and two versions of RE 4 because they didn't live up
to his standards.

--
Best,
Imad Hussain

Imad Hussain wrote:

> They are indeed genuine. Capcom simply felt that Resident Evil's
> atmosphere was not intact in the port, despite its impressive
> technical qualities. Remember: Mikami scrapped one nearly complete
> version of RE 2 and two versions of RE 4 because they didn't live up
> to his standards.

There was also a port of RE2 in the works for Sega Saturn. I don't know
how far they got on it. Seems Saturn couldn't do it justice.

And of course there's the N64 version of REZero. I don't know the story
on why that was held back.

--B O N G O