List of HDTV movies

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 28, 2005 4:32:16 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm new here. Please forgive my English, I'm from Poland.
Could somone give me a link with a list of every HDTV movies today available
to buy (without DRM)?
And any link to internet shops please.
Thanks.
Piotr

More about : list hdtv movies

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 4:32:17 PM

Piotr Malicki wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new here. Please forgive my English, I'm from Poland.
> Could somone give me a link with a list of every HDTV movies today available
> to buy (without DRM)?
> And any link to internet shops please.
> Thanks.
> Piotr

As far as I know, there are none. We'll have to wait until HD-DVD or
Blu-Ray, and even then, the movie industry has all but guaranteed DRM
in all of it. Some HD windoze media movies are around, but you need a
PC to play them, and there is DRM in there, too.

Sorry, but we're no longer customers. We're consumers. We'll do what
they say, because we are all assumed to be thieves.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:02:45 PM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:32:16 +0200, "Piotr Malicki"
<studioforma@neostrada.pl> wrote:

>Could somone give me a link with a list of every HDTV movies today available
>to buy (without DRM)?

Here's the complete list:

1.

That's it.
March 28, 2005 7:02:46 PM

"Karyudo" <karyudo_usenet@yahoo.com.remove.me> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:32:16 +0200, "Piotr Malicki"
> <studioforma@neostrada.pl> wrote:
>
>>Could somone give me a link with a list of every HDTV movies today
>>available
>>to buy (without DRM)?
>
> Here's the complete list:
>
> 1.
>
> That's it.

There's the T2 Extreme Edition WM9 DVD - for PC's
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:01:49 PM

> As far as I know, there are none. We'll have to wait until HD-DVD or
> Blu-Ray, and even then, the movie industry has all but guaranteed DRM
> in all of it. Some HD windoze media movies are around, but you need a
> PC to play them, and there is DRM in there, too.

Ther is not thruth. There are the movies to buy in Europe without DRM. There
is the link: http://www.high-def.de/ or
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref....
There is the material in wmv9 format to play it from PC with resolution
720p, that's right.
Again, there are without DRM.
I would like to buy more titles, if are avaiable.
I affraid we will again wait for the standard winner (HD DVD or BlueRay).

> Sorry, but we're no longer customers. We're consumers. We'll do what
> they say, because we are all assumed to be thieves.

I gonna pretend thet I didn't understand.

BR
Piotr
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:01:50 PM

Piotr Malicki wrote:
>>As far as I know, there are none. We'll have to wait until HD-DVD or
>>Blu-Ray, and even then, the movie industry has all but guaranteed DRM
>>in all of it. Some HD windoze media movies are around, but you need a
>>PC to play them, and there is DRM in there, too.
>

> Ther is not thruth. There are the movies to buy in Europe without DRM. There
> is the link: http://www.high-def.de/ or
> http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref....
> There is the material in wmv9 format to play it from PC with resolution
> 720p, that's right.
> Again, there are without DRM.
> I would like to buy more titles, if are avaiable.
> I affraid we will again wait for the standard winner (HD DVD or BlueRay).
>

>>Sorry, but we're no longer customers. We're consumers. We'll do what
>>they say, because we are all assumed to be thieves.
>

> I gonna pretend thet I didn't understand.

Why else use any kind of DRM? It is based on the assumption that all
your customers will try to copy and give away the material. Are you
really excited about all these companies spending all this money to
restrict what you can do with what you buy? I, for one, am not.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:08:19 AM

"Piotr Malicki" <studioforma@neostrada.pl> wrote in message
news:D 28mo2$ceo$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new here. Please forgive my English, I'm from Poland.
> Could somone give me a link with a list of every HDTV movies today
> available
> to buy (without DRM)?
> And any link to internet shops please.
> Thanks.
> Piotr

I don't know what DRM is. I did a quick search and found this list, all are
on DVHS:

BACKDRAFT (D-VHS HDTV)
BEHIND ENEMY LINES (D-VHS HDTV)
BIG MOMMAS HOUSE (D-VHS HDTV)
BONE COLLECTOR (D-VHS HDTV)
DONT SAY A WORD (D-VHS HDTV)
END OF DAYS (D-VHS HDTV)
ENTRAPMENT (D-VHS HDTV)
FIGHT CLUB (D-VHS HDTV)
GALAXY QUEST (D-VHS HDTV)
HAUNTING (D-VHS HDTV)
HIGH CRIMES (D-VHS HDTV)
INDEPENDENCE DAY (D-VHS HDTV)
KISS OF THE DRAGON (D-VHS HDTV)
MEN OF HONOR (D-VHS HDTV)
PEACEMAKER (D-VHS HDTV)
PLANET OF APES (D-VHS HDTV)
SPY GAME (D-VHS HDTV)
TERMINATOR 2 (D-VHS HDTV)
U 571 (D-VHS HDTV)
X-MEN (D-VHS HDTV)

--Dan
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:08:20 AM

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Piotr Malicki" <studioforma@neostrada.pl> wrote in message
> news:D 28mo2$ceo$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm new here. Please forgive my English, I'm from Poland.
>> Could somone give me a link with a list of every HDTV movies today
>> available
>> to buy (without DRM)?
>> And any link to internet shops please.
>> Thanks.
>> Piotr
>
> I don't know what DRM is. I did a quick search and found this list, all
> are on DVHS:

Digital rights management - anti-copy

Come to think of it, the WM9 version of T2 probably DOES include DRM
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:04:22 AM

> There's the T2 Extreme Edition WM9 DVD - for PC's

Where is Randy?
Could you give any link?
Piotr
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:10:31 AM

> Why else use any kind of DRM? It is based on the assumption that all
> your customers will try to copy and give away the material. Are you
> really excited about all these companies spending all this money to
> restrict what you can do with what you buy? I, for one, am not.

I hope we are not discouus about piracy. If I would "take" something I would
upload something from internet with p2p network.
I want to buy !!!
I know (everybody knows) that regions in DVD is the biggest mistake. Without
the problems you could get out this.
DRM is the same way. It's artificial problem to make our life much harder.
I'm saying again, I'm the consumer and I want to buy it. "Terminator" doe's
exist in internet, in p2p and ???!!!
I want to buy it with the box, with the licence ...

And I'm asking you to help me.
BR.
Piotr
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:10:32 AM

Piotr Malicki wrote:
>>Why else use any kind of DRM? It is based on the assumption that all
>>your customers will try to copy and give away the material. Are you
>>really excited about all these companies spending all this money to
>>restrict what you can do with what you buy? I, for one, am not.
>

> I hope we are not discouus about piracy. If I would "take" something I would
> upload something from internet with p2p network.
> I want to buy !!!
> I know (everybody knows) that regions in DVD is the biggest mistake. Without
> the problems you could get out this.
> DRM is the same way. It's artificial problem to make our life much harder.
> I'm saying again, I'm the consumer and I want to buy it. "Terminator" doe's
> exist in internet, in p2p and ???!!!
> I want to buy it with the box, with the licence ...

I'm not talking about stealing anything! I just want to do what I
want with my media that I buy. If I want to make a copy of a movie
for the computer in a different room to watch it there, so be it. If
I want to play a CD in a car or on an iPod, so be it.

By introducting DRM slowly, the media companies are slowly but surely
getting rid of any notion of "fair use".

The problem with this Terminator HD file, by the wya, is that it will
only play on a Windows PC. I do not own any Microsoft products, so
I'm out of luck there...
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:15:15 AM

> BACKDRAFT (D-VHS HDTV)
> BEHIND ENEMY LINES (D-VHS HDTV)
> BIG MOMMAS HOUSE (D-VHS HDTV)
> BONE COLLECTOR (D-VHS HDTV)
> DONT SAY A WORD (D-VHS HDTV)
> END OF DAYS (D-VHS HDTV)
> ENTRAPMENT (D-VHS HDTV)
> FIGHT CLUB (D-VHS HDTV)
> GALAXY QUEST (D-VHS HDTV)
> HAUNTING (D-VHS HDTV)
> HIGH CRIMES (D-VHS HDTV)
> INDEPENDENCE DAY (D-VHS HDTV)
> KISS OF THE DRAGON (D-VHS HDTV)
> MEN OF HONOR (D-VHS HDTV)
> PEACEMAKER (D-VHS HDTV)
> PLANET OF APES (D-VHS HDTV)
> SPY GAME (D-VHS HDTV)
> TERMINATOR 2 (D-VHS HDTV)
> U 571 (D-VHS HDTV)
> X-MEN (D-VHS HDTV)

Thanks Dan.
I'm impressed.
Unfortunatelly there is in D-VHS. I'm not going to invest money for "the old
technology".
We should really wait for HD DVD or BlueRay.
PC solution with wmv9 format is good solution for now, some substitute.
Best regards and thanks.
Piotr
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:38:36 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:35:35 -0500, "Randy Sweeney"
<rsweeney1@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> There's the T2 Extreme Edition WM9 DVD - for PC's
>>>

>> Where is it Randy?
>> Could you give me any links?
>> Piotr
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008PC2...
>
>and free samples (and more) at
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_p...

You'll note, however, that the T2 Extreme Edition WM9 DVD *has DRM*.
Piotr asked for a list of titles *without* DRM.

I'm pretty sure my list was complete...
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:43:21 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:29:30 -0500, "Michael J. Sherman"
<msherman@dsbox.com> wrote:

>The problem with this Terminator HD file, by the way, is that it will
>only play on a Windows PC. I do not own any Microsoft products, so
>I'm out of luck there...

I have a sneaking suspicion that not only will it play on a
DRM-capable Windows Media Player, it will only play on a *US*
DRM-capable Windows Media Player.

I'm not positive of this, but I'd do a bunch of searching before
spending any money.

I'm so glad I got into HD early, and now have more than 300 titles
archived to DVD-R in TS format, all without DRM. The MPAA can kiss my
hairy white ass.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 9:42:58 PM

Karyudo <karyudo_usenet@yahoo.com.remove.me> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:29:30 -0500, "Michael J. Sherman"
><msherman@dsbox.com> wrote:
>
>>The problem with this Terminator HD file, by the way, is that it will
>>only play on a Windows PC. I do not own any Microsoft products, so
>>I'm out of luck there...
>
>I have a sneaking suspicion that not only will it play on a
>DRM-capable Windows Media Player, it will only play on a *US*
>DRM-capable Windows Media Player.
>
>I'm not positive of this, but I'd do a bunch of searching before
>spending any money.

The most offensive aspect of Microsoft's DRM is that after you legally
purchased, rented or borrowed a copy of a movie, you must then apply
over the Internet for a license to run it, good for 5 days the last I
looked. I'm sure there are many companies and government agencies
that would love to know what movies I watch and when, but I'm not
inclined to tell them. And what if the site is down, or my connection
is, or the rights-owner decides to withdraw the movie for whatever
reason? You say your copy of E.T. shows the F.B.I. with guns instead
of walkie-talkies? Can't let the kiddies see that, now can we?

When I heard that a pseudo-HD version of T2 was available I was ready
to buy it until I realized the requirements to play it were
unacceptable to me.

>I'm so glad I got into HD early, and now have more than 300 titles
>archived to DVD-R in TS format, all without DRM. The MPAA can kiss my
>hairy white ass.

Hear, hear! I didn't start that early and don't have that many, but
that is the storage method that works best for me as well. I suspect
that the roadblocks the MPAA throws up to stymie legitimate, fair use
of their products will greatly slow acceptance of prerecorded HD if
not kill the market entirely, and will ultimately cost its members
billions. After all, where would they be if they had won the court
battle to keep VCRs out of the hands of consumers?

As for the list of movies available on D-VHS that someone posted, I
believe these are available only in D-Theater format, which is
scrambled and requires a D-VHS player that can unscramble it. JVC
can, Mitsubishi cannot.

Del Mibbler
!