Sign in with
Your question

Gaming mice a headache!!

Last response: in Components
August 14, 2007 3:31:25 PM

hi guys, need your help/opinion/advice on this matter...

Which gaming mouse is prefered for First person shooters?? (Mainly CS andd upcomming titles like Crysis, UT III etc.)

I read on other forums that the cooperhead is better than the Deathadder...is this true??? can someone with personal experiance plz assist me!!!

is had a G5 but......sold it today.... want to try something else...

your help is much appreciated

4Delta :wahoo: 

More about : gaming mice headache

August 14, 2007 4:09:20 PM

Try a G7, lol.. I love mine.
August 14, 2007 4:12:57 PM

again like alway i get hated for what i say, but hear goes. i play many FPS's primerily FEAR MP. so i go though mice like a wildfire though the south of the USA. my lastest is a MS habu, and its nice, it says its a MS but really its a razor but microsoft have the rights for it and it was made to replace death adder.

it would be good for CS:S cox of the programmable buttons
Related resources
August 15, 2007 2:21:33 AM

hey did u trouble with your g5 scroll button ? mine skips sometimes when i scoll up and down.
August 18, 2007 11:41:10 PM

The original G5 had that problem. It was fixed, along with some other quirks, in the revision 2, which is the blue crackle colored one with the different button arrangement.

As for the Razer mice, the Copperhead is the current top of the line, followed by the DeathAdder, Diamondback, and Krait.
August 21, 2007 2:09:37 AM

I have a MX revolution. Not a true gaming mouse and it is wireless but it works perfectly with all games. The setup can be a pain trying to get the mouse wheel working as a 3rd mouse button as well but once you get over this its fine. Mind you I have recently noticed that CS1.6 has some movement issues. Every other game is fine. Just keep it charged as gaming really chews the battery. After a 3 day lan it needs a full recharge
August 21, 2007 2:44:39 AM

The DeathAdder's pretty dang nice. I've had mine for about a week, and I love it. Feels better (personal preference here) to me than the G5 or G7, and I've always liked Logitech mice, too. This is the first Razer I've owned personally, and if they keep making them like this, I don't know if I'll ever change back to Logitech.

Groveling_Wyrm: Why do you say the Copperhead is above the DeathAdder? Maybe the Copperhead 3G is, but not the original Copperhead.
August 21, 2007 3:40:37 AM

the G9 is comming soon
August 21, 2007 4:10:33 AM

Yeh im not sure about that G9 though, interchangable grips whats going on there.

Curious why try something different when the G5 suits you well... I own one and havent looked back since.
August 28, 2007 1:38:22 AM

What about the other new mice coming out? Is it best to wait for one of them? And which one is the one to wait for? Personally I was never a fan of the Logitech mice... they seems cheap and plasticy and the scroll wheel clunks (not a fan of that)... Been using a basic MS optical mouse for many years... Upgraded to an Everglide Titan mouse mat... works a treat... but the mouse is really slowing things down now... With all these new mice coming out, what is the one thats worth getting? There are the following (to my knowledge);

MS Sidewinder
Razer Boomslang
Razer Lachesis
Logitech G9

as well as the current ones,

MS Habu
Razer Copperhead
Razer Deathadder
Razer Diamondback
Logitech G5 (series 2)

Sorry for not inc. wireless mice... like the G7 and whateva else is out there... maybe more need to be added to the list but it is making things hard to choose from. I dont have access to try any of the razer mice (which sucks) but iam guessing they are build with a bit more love then Logi tech... Is it worth the 4000dpi from the Lachesis and even the claw grip like g9 with 3200 dpi? (cant even try the g9 as they are just coming to NZ now...) So any comments and discussion on these would be sweet :D  Just dont find too many people out there comparing all the mice at once... Mainly find that everyone likes the g5... Cheers guys!
August 28, 2007 10:16:33 AM

I have a Razer Copperhead and i love it.
August 28, 2007 11:07:57 AM

He sold his G5; I cannot believe that.
August 28, 2007 12:18:38 PM

DO NOT BUY A G7, they suck. as do g5's. any razer mouse is awesome i dont think you will make a mistake between either the deathadder or the copparhead, if you can get the new Lachesis viper it looks nice.
August 28, 2007 1:08:11 PM

So whats the general consensus about gaming mice? I prefer wireless myself. I've been using a Logitech MX700 for the past few years. I liked it so much tht I actually bought 4 to keep as spares (I have 2 left). As soon as I've used my last one (they are discontinued now), I'll be looking for a new gaming mouse.

The Logitech G7 is as close to my current mouse as you can get. A friend of mine bought one to replace his MX Revolution he had for about 90 days before throwing it against the wall shattering it to bits. He seems to like it OK with the only complaint I've heard from him about it is the battery life. I bought a recharger so I could keep the batteries that I collected from my other used and discarded MX700's charged up for an easy swap out. I prefer the AA battery over the wafer type used on the G7. The two AA give the mouse all the weight it needs.

I've looked at these Razer mice you guys talked about and noticed that none of them are wireless. Are wireless mice really that bad for gaming?
August 28, 2007 1:08:31 PM

Have a G5 v2, love it love it love it. Yeah, G5 v1 had problems.
August 28, 2007 1:37:27 PM

I go to walmart and spend $15-20 on a MS 2 button optical mouse and it works great and it doesnt even matter if I throw it at the wall. Even if it does break I can afford another one. And I bet Ill still whup up on all of you at CSS with it. But thats beause I started CS when it was beta1. :) 
August 28, 2007 5:08:28 PM

Quote:
Which gaming mouse is prefered for First person shooters??

Quote:
So whats the general consensus about gaming mice?

Easy. Whichever one feels good to you. What mouse some marketing whore (or anyone for that matter) is using means nothing if it doesn't feel right for you.
August 28, 2007 5:39:02 PM

wireless induces lag into games that you will notice. Mostly by the fact that you die alot more then you think you should be. Just that now you can blame it on your mouse.
August 28, 2007 5:42:12 PM

little_scrapper said:
wireless induces lag into games that you will notice. Mostly by the fact that you die alot more then you think you should be. Just that now you can blame it on your mouse.

LOL.. I actually retracted my "wired or wireless" comment but I guess someone (You) read it before I could delete it! Damn your fast! hehehe! Well, I pretty much know that wireless will induce more lag into a game than a wired mouse, that's a given due to the fact that its, well, WIRELESS! I just was going to ask about the general consensus about wired or wireless mice since the thread was referring a few times to these "Razer" branded mice.
a b 4 Gaming
August 28, 2007 6:14:26 PM

I love my G5; bought a second one. I found the low shape of the Razer Diamondback to be awkward, and its side buttons harder for me to use. The tilting scroll wheel of the Logitech is just 'right there,' with no additional movement necessary to get to it.
August 28, 2007 6:44:08 PM

Logitech's mx518 is one of the best gaming mice. If you have a look on new egg you'll see that 87% of the reviews gave it a 5/5 which is more than any gaming mouse on new egg.
August 28, 2007 7:15:45 PM

I like trackballs, easy to clean and exact aim once you get use to it. Logitech 904353-0403
August 28, 2007 7:21:15 PM

i bought a microsoft laser 6000 the location of the 2 extra buttons is worthless but it works great for fear, half life2, doom 3, farcry and oblivion.
a b 4 Gaming
August 28, 2007 7:22:11 PM

True about trackballs; I use the mouse for RPGs, but for UT 2K4 and earlier, preferred my Microsquishy trackball explorer (and prior to that a Logitech model).
August 28, 2007 7:34:04 PM

Wow, how can anyone use a trackball in an FPS game? I can barely use one playing minesweeper.
August 28, 2007 8:54:17 PM

I had a friend who got really good with a 3" diameter track ball, he played DOOM 2, Dune 2, and Duke Nukem 3d with it.

Personally I just think he was a freak though.
August 28, 2007 9:23:03 PM

I love my G7. The battery life is great, and it has a very nice feel to it. The only problem is that it doesn't have many extra buttons for gaming.

To all the children throwing their mice at the wall: I hope your moms quit buying you new ones.
August 28, 2007 9:48:15 PM

I really dont know how could you sold your G5, I have one and it took me some days to grab the taste of it, but once I did, man all the other mouse I used felt like crap xD, and of course I would't go for a wireless mouse to play any fps game, to me, wireless mice are for laptops users, not for gamers :p  thats my own opinion though
August 29, 2007 5:15:37 AM

rbward said:
I love my G7. The battery life is great, and it has a very nice feel to it. The only problem is that it doesn't have many extra buttons for gaming.

To all the children throwing their mice at the wall: I hope your moms quit buying you new ones.

I'm pretty sure he bought his own mice as he is a Retired Naval officer.. I guess his Scottish temper comes out a little brash at times. :lol: 
September 4, 2007 1:40:18 PM

4delta said:
hi guys, need your help/opinion/advice on this matter...

Which gaming mouse is prefered for First person shooters?? (Mainly CS andd upcomming titles like Crysis, UT III etc.)

I read on other forums that the cooperhead is better than the Deathadder...is this true??? can someone with personal experiance plz assist me!!!

is had a G5 but......sold it today.... want to try something else...

your help is much appreciated

4Delta :wahoo: 

Good question and as far as I'm concerned a no brainer get a trackball.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826125019

Oh yeah, sometimes FPS gaming can get quite intense and with the trackball you move the trackball not the mouse so to keep from chasing it all over the desk I velcro mine in place so no matter how intense or exciting the game gets, the trackball stays where I put it.

I've been gaming with a trackball now for 2 yrs, I still use a regular mouse when setting up someones computer, but my personal gaming choice is hands down a trackball mouse, once you go track you never go back! :lol: 

Trackballs take some getting used to but once you do, you're hooked.
!