Help, Vista and Gaming

julesjt

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004
This is my second posting on Vista and Bioshock but I found some new information about the problem. I currently have the Asus Strker Extreme Board w/ 4GB of Mem. I found some articles about issues having 4GB and DX10 games where games can crash due to using space it can't use. Because my Bioshock would just crash and go back to the desktop saying Nvidia Drivers stop responding. So I took it down to 2GB and now it crashes with BSOD with physical memory dump error. I tried patches and hotfixes for Vista and I have the latest recommended Drivers for nvidia. I am at a loss now.

Is there anything I can set in my bios with the memory that may help, does anyone have any information to stop this physical memory dump while gaming with Bioshock? I tested my memory and all is fine with the Dimms they are Corsair dominators DDR2 800

Please HELP!!

julesjt

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004
There is no Bioshock patches that I can see. I have all the vista hotfixes and patches. There has to be a memory expert out there that can help with the issue.

tseska69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
msi board, 2 gigs of ram, vista, BioShock hasnt crashed yet. I had that issues with NFS Carbon, but thats the only game I've had issues with, so far.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
I think the bsod physical memory dump is just the computer emptying the ram before it shuts down and so its nothing to do with the actual crash