Abit New build issue - Error 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero2

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my new system, and some of my friends recommended me ask on this site. I did a search and did not find anything about it, and hopefully this is the correct location to ask.

At the moment I have only a stick of ram, my processor, and the power supply hooked up, and when I turn the system on, I get an error code 87, or 'NET PC: Build SYSID Structure' error.

My Mobo is an Abit IP35 pro
PSU is an OCZ gameXstream power supply
Processor is an Intel core 2 Quad, product code BX80562Q6600SLACR

I would appreciate any / all words of wisdom in the matter, as It's my first home built system and I'm already stumped.

Thanks

You might try posting your question here. HTH.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/

fordy9

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
Um i might be wrong but dont u need to atleast have a harddrive connected? And also does the MB have onboard graphics, cause you need some form of graphics dont you?

Oshwah

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I know this post is way old, but it's the top result on google if you look up this issue. I had this same problem and that the computer would not turn on. I found that if I also unplugged the 8-pin 12V connector to the mobo, that it would turn on and indicate a keyboard disconnected beep code even though the keyboard was connected.

As random as it sounds (most forums said that this problem is the motherboard is dead) - it was actually my video card. I replaced my video card (and believe me, it was fried. You could smell it.) and reset the CMOS. Problem fixed.

Figured I'd update this forum and help someone out there with the same issue.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.