Closed Solved

Help learning a language!

Hello,
I will be going to college for a computer science major this coming fall, i have read that there is a lot of programming involved and i have also read that not many people have knowledge on programming when they first go to the classes.
Well i want to teach myself the basis before i go to college, the problem is i have no idea where to start!! :ouch:
I would appreciate any help that you all could offer me, like:
what's a good book to read about programming?
what's the easiest language to start with?
Any help is appreciated,

Thank you all for your time. :)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help learning language
  1. yogi6994 said:
    Hello,
    I will be going to college for a computer science major this coming fall, i have read that there is a lot of programming involved and i have also read that not many people have knowledge on programming when they first go to the classes.
    Well i want to teach myself the basis before i go to college, the problem is i have no idea where to start!! :ouch:
    I would appreciate any help that you all could offer me, like:
    what's a good book to read about programming?
    what's the easiest language to start with?
    Any help is appreciated,

    Thank you all for your time. :)

    You can't get the ciriculum from the college you are attending ?
  2. ksiemb said:
    You can't get the ciriculum from the college you are attending ?


    No, all i know is i will have to take programming classes.
    I just want to have a head start so i dont go in there with no knowledge, and maybe it'll be a little bit easier.
  3. @yogi6994 there are many programming languages available. You need to be specific.

    I would suggest you to check on online tutorials.

    You can start with

    w3schools


    pickatutorial

    A little googling will help....

    Best of luck
  4. dickysolo said:
    @yogi6994 there are many programming languages available. You need to be specific.

    I would suggest you to check on online tutorials.

    You can start with

    w3schools


    pickatutorial

    A little googling will help....

    Best of luck


    sorry it took so long to answer,
    i was thinking of learning java or c++, i just don't know which is easier to start with?
  5. Best answer
    yogi6994 said:
    sorry it took so long to answer,
    i was thinking of learning java or c++, i just don't know which is easier to start with?



    Both Java and C++ are Object Oriented Programming Languages. If you follow one, you can easily understand the other.


    try this links


    C++ 1
    C++ 2

    Java 1

    Java 2

    Java 3


    Hope this helps.....
  6. Best answer selected by Yogi6994.
  7. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Programming Computers College Apps