NEW 8800GTS CRASHES PC AFTER I SIGN IN

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
I've installed drivers from the disc and restarted as instructed and my PC switches off after i sign into Vista.

It's powered up, seated correctly, PSU etc can handle it, there are no compatbility issues with my PC at all.

I can't get the latest drivers onto my gaming rig as this PC's drives do not work, so i can't put them onto a disc.

Does anyone have any ideas? Man this is getting so old after RMA'ing a 7950GT last week.

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Specs

P5NE-SLI
XCLIO GP 750W 4 X 18A 12V Rails - SLI cert
GSKILL BQ 6400
E4300
Vista 32bit prem

My drives do work, but not the PC i'm on now, my "gaming rig" won't stay powerd up for longer than 30 seconds, and won't even reach safe mode.

I do now have the latest NV drivers.

I really don't know how i can proceed when my PC won;t stay switched on?

The 7950GT was RMA'D and found faulty it was hitting insane temps in STALKER and OBLIVION - up to 102C.

What makes me think it's the problem? It's brand new, even though my old GT was fucked for gaming it still allowed me to surf etc, i can't do anything with this 8800.

Don't ever install drivers that came on a disc with the card. Always goto the nvidia website to get the latest. If you have problems with that, get the previous driver from nvidias site.

Perhaps there is another hardware problem..... the rma on the old card........ ?

Malazan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
You were guys the PSU is now offically dead, it only switches on for a second at a time.

RMA time once again, maybe one day, i just might be able to play a high end game trouble free, just maybe......

5 months and counting.....