Using Addonics quad-CF PCI card

prolfe

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Hello all!
After reading the article about the new 32-Gig SSD drive from Mtron I was intruiged about alternatives that I could use to get similar performance for less money. I came across this item:

http://addonics.com/products/flash_memory_reader/ad4cfprj.asp

I have found some Type I CF cards that throughput about 20 Mb/Sec, so four of them would get me about 75 Mb/S in RAID 0. This seems like a pretty sweet deal for me, I would probably get 2 Gig CF's to have a total of 8 Gb boot drive. Then I could use my regular HDD for storage.

Two questions arise: First, are there some limitations or incompatibilities to consider with my Ga-p35-ds3l mobo (maybe the PCI bus isn't fast enough, or something else I'm not thinking of)?
Second, I don't know enough about CF cards to know which ones are the "fixed disk" types. Could someone recommend some 2Gb+ reasonable speed Type I CF cards that are fixed disk type?

Thanks!

prolfe

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
I think I may have put this in the wrong forum I'm going to post a new one in flash media. Please don't reply here; if you have something to add please do so in flash media!