Sign in with
Your question

Hi, im new, my rig

Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2007 9:51:09 PM

Just joined forum today, thought it might be neat to pitch in some advice whilst at work on the slow days...

A little about me.... ive been into computers for a long time, developing software, gaming, and building pc's...

my build comprised by the following...

case - thermaltake armor w/ 25 cm fan
mb - asus striker extreme
cpu - intel 6600 extreme
ram - ocz platinum ddr3 (x4)
hdd - twin raptor 10,000 rpm 500 gb raid
vc - twin nVIDIA geforce 8800 gtx ultra 1gb each set in SLI
rom - lg lightscribe dvd +/- burner (/headinhands)
floppy - say what?
heatsink - kingwin gladiator
sc - sb x-fi
network adapter - bigfoot network's killer gaming NIC card
monitors - 2x Acer 22" widescreen LCD
mouse - Logitech G5
keyboard - Saitek Eclipse II DreamTeam
mousepad - Rocketfish Speed/Control

thats my rig, ill be happy to offer any reviews of any product that i have for whoever wants one or is thinking about purchasing one one of these fine products...

More about : rig

August 15, 2007 9:54:44 PM

oh yeah... here are my views and opinions on the tech industry... all the technology company's are coming out with have had it since early 90's.... they would just prefer to make more money than progressing technology, thats why i am staying rotary until technology stops ^^
anyways, i dont care for ATI or AMD... ATI = FPS and lag spikes, amd = intel has never given me a problem, and amd wont admit that they've been shadowed by the core d/q
August 16, 2007 12:38:11 AM

Hi DH_Invictus

Your first post seems to be an attempt at an attention grab. Your post seems to have some errors that most will pick up on.

1. Striker Extreme doesnt support DDR3 so unless you took to your DIMM with pliers that just wont work.

2. How can you buy 2 raptors and some how come up with 500gb array? last i knew you could get 74gb and 150gb that is all. 150 +150 = 500 i dont think so

3. 8800GTX Ultras have 768Mb onboard... NOT 1GB

4. Killer NIC's are a waste of money

Quote:
oh yeah... here are my views and opinions on the tech industry... all the technology company's are coming out with have had it since early 90's.... they would just prefer to make more money than progressing technology, thats why i am staying rotary until technology stops ^^
anyways, i dont care for ATI or AMD... ATI = FPS and lag spikes, amd = intel has never given me a problem, and amd wont admit that they've been shadowed by the core d/q

So let me get this straight you hate the fact that the tech industry is holding technology back just to make more money. Yet here you are saying that you are continually changing your hardware until technology stops? is this not feeding the industry the money that you believe they are scamming you for in the first place?
You dont care for ATI OR AMD, yet AMD equals intel with no problems?

I think you need to put more thought into your posts. So that you dont look like someone that knows little about the industry, and more time on your literacy skills.
Related resources
August 16, 2007 12:58:55 AM

Plenty of errors as chookman pointed out, here are a few more suggestions...

Why not get a e6750 or q6600 for around the same price
PLEASE choose a better HSF!!! Something like the Tuniq Tower or its competitors.
August 16, 2007 2:01:48 AM

to add to these errors

What is a "intel 6600 extreme", you mean the e6600?

What do you mean AMD doesn't admit that the core 2 duo is beating them on the high end? and even so that's not much of a reason.

ATI FPS lag spikes? this is news to me.

and yeah, those damn tech companies. Since they've had 65nm tech since the 90's, they must have like 1/2nm tech by now. It's odd that they haven't switched to that yet since it would increase production which would also increase their money.
a b B Homebuilt system
August 16, 2007 2:15:49 AM

I want an Intel 6600 extreme, where can I get one? :) 
August 16, 2007 3:09:34 AM

Same place you get the 1Gb 8800 GTX Ultra

OH

and the 250Gb Raptors

OH

and the Striker that has DDR3
August 16, 2007 3:29:56 AM

Nice try.
August 16, 2007 3:35:26 AM

Actually, there are 300GB 10k drives, but they arent raptors
!