General Use Budget PC - Suggestions?

pesh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Okay, Im building a general use computer for the parents, price preferably

under $500 USD. I've created a wishlist, please state any suggestions.

Will be used for standard photos,music,web browsing,quickbooks, and

so-on and so-forth. Thanks,

Pesh

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/MySavedWishDeta il.asp?ID=6421886

P.S. OS is taken care of, and on the mobo, I am purchasing it with the combo CPU, the AMD Athlon X2 4200+

pesh

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
As there will be no gaming,on-board grphics will do just fine.As for everything else,I suggest going to your local computer store and make friendly like with the sales clerk.And I don't mean THAT way!!!LOL.Then start purchasing hardware.However,you do have the option of shopping at places like LONDON DRUGS,which will sell you some piece of hardware for cheap.That's the neat thing about computers,you can get just about any information you want on the internet these days,and all with the click of a mouse.LOL.Web surf and just look at the websites of some stores in your area.Someone is bound to have a sale on.I doubt they want to burn movies,but they may want to save pictures to CD.I've seen CD-ROM drives/burners going for as little as 10 dollars.Now a cheap harddrive is easy to find.I think a 250gig HD would work well for them.Enough room to keep family pictures(which after so many decades can add up),personal medical info.and even run a small business with that quick books of hers.And yet not so much that they'll never use it eventually.Goodluck.

Dahak

M2N32 SLI DELUXE MB
ATHLON64 X2-5600+
EVGA 7950GT KO
THERMALTAKE 850WATT PSU
2X1GIG DDR2 800 MEMORY
WD SATA2 80/250GIG HD
RAIDMAX SMILIDON GAMING CASE
XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION
ACER 22IN. WS LCD