Sign in with
Your question

HOORAY! Finally Ordered New Build! Quad Core Baby!

Last response: in Systems
August 16, 2007 2:56:39 AM

My present PC is now 3.5 years old. I built it myself and it was a pretty high end system way back then but it's been getting a little long in the tooth. So I've been drooling over the idea of a quad core system for months. I finally just ordered my new build and I'm sooo freakin' psyched! I can't wait to get everything and hopefully a bunch of free time to put it all together. Here's what I got...

Q6600
Asus P5K Premium mobo... "Aargh Matey! 'Tis The Black Pearl Edition!"
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066
ATI X1950Pro 512MB PCI-E (Hey, it was only $153!)
Scythe Infinity HSF (It's a MONSTER)
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad "Crossfire Edition" PSU

I'm using my old...
Samsung 500GB SATA2 HDD
Hitachi 160GB SATA HDD
SB Audigy 2ZS
Plextor PX-712 DVD-R/W
Sony CD-R/W
SilverStone TJ02 case
Some other stuff, blah blah blah

I've already received my Q6600, P5K Premium "Black Pearl Edition" and Crucial Ballistix. That motherboard is sooo PRETTY! Oh my god, I was drooling over it. All that copper gave me a giant woody! I think I'm going to sleep with it tonight... :love:  [#3800c6][#4600b8]
August 16, 2007 3:37:18 AM

Can I assume that you sleep alone?
August 16, 2007 5:21:55 AM

Dont roll over on it , that **** would hurt
Related resources
August 16, 2007 6:12:54 AM

I can assume that you are maybe considering upgrading the graphics card in the near future, I mean the rest of your system just outruns it dramatically! IMO.

Best,

3Ball
August 17, 2007 1:27:29 AM

Woot! Sounds great pervertfreak. Let us know what it can do once you hook 'er up!

I'm working on my own Q6600 build right now, so I'll be right behind ya.
August 17, 2007 1:44:48 AM

3Ball said:
I can assume that you are maybe considering upgrading the graphics card in the near future, I mean the rest of your system just outruns it dramatically!

Yeah, it took me a long time to save up for this gear. I went with the X1950Pro because I haven't been gaming as much as I used to, it was a STEAL at $153 and because I couldn't stomach spending $500+ on a high end DX10 card. I DO want to get a killer card in the future but it just wasn't a priority for me now. THANKS for all the replies guys! It might be a while before I get the time/chance to put her together but I'll post pics when I do.
!