dual layer burned disk not being seen by drives

caradepau

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
I cannot see the dual layer dvd+r disks I'm burning. I get no errors durning or after the burn process. I used Nero 7 that came with the burner, and another nero version I had. The disks are WinData 8x speed DVD+R DL. I've been burning at 8x. This were cheap disks, much cheaper that most (half the price).

The drive is a Samsung dual layer burner - IDE, its in a USB external box (all samsung retail version, not generic usb box or drive). I'm using windows xp home.

In the past, my old pioneer 107 burner worked fine with a generic usb external box, but its slow and only single layer. I was verbatium disks with it.

Any ideas why I cannot see these newly created dual layer disks?

I've tried to read them on the samsung they were created on, and the older pioneer single layer burner. I get like a lock up when trying with the samsung, led on the drive just blinks, until I eject it and then pc is un locked up. With the pioneer 107 drive, which is connected internally on the ide bus, not usb external, the disk led finally turns off and my computer icon for that drive when clicking it shows just a blank window, no files.

Its like those burned disks are coasters and I will continue experimenting while I eat the cost of these POS disks. They were 15 bucks for 20 disks, so it's not too bad.

I'm gonna try a 4x burn, that's the slowest I can go. I'll repost with results.

caradepau

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007
Yes, it may have been the Windata dvd's I believe. I bought some Memorex and the 1st burn was OK. There was a setting in Nero that I envoked. It was to enable all supported recorder formats for the burner.
So, I will try the Windata again with this Nero parameter turned on. Hopefully it will work, as those Windata disks are around 75 cents per.

TRENDING THREADS