Two problems, hard drive conflict, Frams Per Second drop...

drolith

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2003
Start with what essential hardware I am currently running:
Foxconn K8S755A-6ELRS Socket 754 SiS 755 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 754
ZALMAN 600W Power Supply (Modular)
Western Digital Caviar 160GB 7200 RPM SATA
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA
2x 512mb of Corsair Value DDR400 (old) + 1gb G.Skill DDR400
HIS Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X

My first problem I will lay out is my hard drive conflict. Every now and then when I am moving large files, downloading files, scanning files, Installing software, or anything to do with intense hard drive activity I get the BSOD (blue screen of death). It is stating some problem with SCSIPORT.SYS. I’m guessing I need some new driver to help this file out or something but, not sure what type of driver exactly. Below is a list of current drivers for my MOBO tell me what would POSSIBLY fix this.
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/...support/downloads.aspx
Reason for me even getting this cheap motherboard is because I needed a quick fix and have yet to upgrade it.

Sadly No new bios revision sense 05 either .

Second problem is a little more cryptic but I hope I can blame the motherboard again. Anyway I know I am not getting the FPS in games that I should be, running the x1950PRO. Take for example Counter Strike: Source. This game I used to run on older hardware and managed to average around 60fps with high graphic options enabled. Currently I have all graphic options on low, including a low resolution and average like 35fps. WHY?! The FPS drop isn’t AS noticeable in other games but is there. Now my guesses are either motherboard being pissy , or some CPU bottleneck. Even though the only real hardware that has changed is motherboard and GPU sense the last time I had decent FPS.
(I have latest ATI and DX Drivers)

Anyway there are my issues…ignore any incoherency within this post it is 3am, and I’m aggravated.

I think your problem may be Daemon tool related, I couldn't find anything specific when I had a quick look on their site but you may want to try the un-install/re-install updated version trick, but when I've had this issue only a completely fresh install of XP made the problem go away, someone else may know of an easier way though.