Two problems, hard drive conflict, Frams Per Second drop...

Start with what essential hardware I am currently running:
Foxconn K8S755A-6ELRS Socket 754 SiS 755 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 754
ZALMAN 600W Power Supply (Modular)
Western Digital Caviar 160GB 7200 RPM SATA
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA
2x 512mb of Corsair Value DDR400 (old) + 1gb G.Skill DDR400
HIS Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X

My first problem I will lay out is my hard drive conflict. Every now and then when I am moving large files, downloading files, scanning files, Installing software, or anything to do with intense hard drive activity I get the BSOD (blue screen of death). It is stating some problem with SCSIPORT.SYS. I’m guessing I need some new driver to help this file out or something but, not sure what type of driver exactly. Below is a list of current drivers for my MOBO tell me what would POSSIBLY fix this.
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/...support/downloads.aspx
Reason for me even getting this cheap motherboard is because I needed a quick fix and have yet to upgrade it.

Sadly No new bios revision sense 05 either .

Second problem is a little more cryptic but I hope I can blame the motherboard again. Anyway I know I am not getting the FPS in games that I should be, running the x1950PRO. Take for example Counter Strike: Source. This game I used to run on older hardware and managed to average around 60fps with high graphic options enabled. Currently I have all graphic options on low, including a low resolution and average like 35fps. WHY?! The FPS drop isn’t AS noticeable in other games but is there. Now my guesses are either motherboard being pissy , or some CPU bottleneck. Even though the only real hardware that has changed is motherboard and GPU sense the last time I had decent FPS.
(I have latest ATI and DX Drivers)

Anyway there are my issues…ignore any incoherency within this post it is 3am, and I’m aggravated.
6 answers Last reply
More about problems hard drive conflict frams drop
  1. Sounds like you may need a clean install of the OS.
  2. yah I'll save that as my last resort.
  3. Drolith Are you running any kind of 'virtual CD' software such as Daemon Tools or Alcohol?
  4. What motherboard CPU did you upgrade to, and not reinstall the OS from scratch?
    I say both problems are related, and a fresh start with a clean OS install will fix them.
  5. yes I am running Daemon tools, and no the only hardware that has changed WITHOUT reinstall of OS is GPU.
  6. I think your problem may be Daemon tool related, I couldn't find anything specific when I had a quick look on their site but you may want to try the un-install/re-install updated version trick, but when I've had this issue only a completely fresh install of XP made the problem go away, someone else may know of an easier way though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hard Drives Systems