is there an HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
March 28, 2005 5:10:23 PM

that's black or dark grey, between 40-46 inches, weighs less than 100
pounds, natively supports 480p, doesn't lag with videogames or have burn in
issues, doesn't exhibit audio synch problems with broadcasts or movies, and
costs less than $2000?

I was leaning towards the 44" LG DLP until I read about videogame lag. same
appears true with the 63 series Samsungs, so I looked into direct view crts
(willing to sacrifice on the weight and size if my games look and play
great) but everything seems to be silver nowadays. the 34" xbr is tempting,
but seems kinda pricey (and heavy) for only 34 inches...do I have any other
good options?

More about : hdtv

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 6:40:05 PM

I don't believe the set your looking for exist (the primary problem is
your budget). I'm very impressed with the performance of Sony's LCD
displays (will handle 480p smoothly with ease). I don't know what the
current DLP chips are capable of, but last time I checked performance
was still an issue (doesn't bother some people, but with progressive
input it will seem choppy to most people).

If you want to stay within that budget (and you're willing to sacrifice
on weight) your best bet is a high quality rear-projection HDTV. I'd
highly recommend the Hitachi 46F500:

 fficial_s&sa=N&tab=wf" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=46F500&hl=en&lr=&c2...

This model is becoming harder to find, it's 2005 replacement has been
in production for a while now and it's silver.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 9:12:29 PM

not sure about this one for your requirements?

Toshiba 44NHM84 44" Digital Widescreen DLP TV

"Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D 29rrv$qvk$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> that's black or dark grey, between 40-46 inches, weighs less than 100
> pounds, natively supports 480p, doesn't lag with videogames or have burn
> in issues, doesn't exhibit audio synch problems with broadcasts or movies,
> and costs less than $2000?
>
> I was leaning towards the 44" LG DLP until I read about videogame lag.
> same appears true with the 63 series Samsungs, so I looked into direct
> view crts (willing to sacrifice on the weight and size if my games look
> and play great) but everything seems to be silver nowadays. the 34" xbr
> is tempting, but seems kinda pricey (and heavy) for only 34 inches...do I
> have any other good options?

March 31, 2005 6:47:09 PM

"Gogordo" <no.address@none.com> wrote in message
> not sure about this one for your requirements?
>
> Toshiba 44NHM84 44" Digital Widescreen DLP TV

thanks for reminding me about this set. I actually saw this one on display
last year (or earlier this year) and fell in love with it. I can't stand
the TVs with "ears" or unnecessarily large cabinets. I thin this one even
has the hd2+ chip. is LG a respected manufacturer of tvs?
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 5:42:15 PM

"Gogordo" <no.address@none.com> wrote in message
> not sure about this one for your requirements?
>
> Toshiba 44NHM84 44" Digital Widescreen DLP TV

thanks for your suggestion. I picked this up Saturday and am having a great
time with it so far. it does a great job with SD (even over composite) and
looks great on hi-def games. I have to wait til Thursday for Comcast to put
in my hi-def stb, and I have to buy a "worthy" dvd player (xbox does fine
for sdtv, but looks pretty bad on a hd), but am otherwise completely
satisfied. thanks again!
!