is there an HDTV

that's black or dark grey, between 40-46 inches, weighs less than 100
pounds, natively supports 480p, doesn't lag with videogames or have burn in
issues, doesn't exhibit audio synch problems with broadcasts or movies, and
costs less than $2000?

I was leaning towards the 44" LG DLP until I read about videogame lag. same
appears true with the 63 series Samsungs, so I looked into direct view crts
(willing to sacrifice on the weight and size if my games look and play
great) but everything seems to be silver nowadays. the 34" xbr is tempting,
but seems kinda pricey (and heavy) for only 34 inches...do I have any other
good options?
4 answers Last reply
More about hdtv

    I don't believe the set your looking for exist (the primary problem is
    your budget). I'm very impressed with the performance of Sony's LCD
    displays (will handle 480p smoothly with ease). I don't know what the
    current DLP chips are capable of, but last time I checked performance
    was still an issue (doesn't bother some people, but with progressive
    input it will seem choppy to most people).

    If you want to stay within that budget (and you're willing to sacrifice
    on weight) your best bet is a high quality rear-projection HDTV. I'd
    highly recommend the Hitachi 46F500:

    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=46F500&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=N&tab=wf

    This model is becoming harder to find, it's 2005 replacement has been
    in production for a while now and it's silver.

    not sure about this one for your requirements?

    Toshiba 44NHM84 44" Digital Widescreen DLP TV

    "Gogordo" <no.address@none.com> wrote in message
    > not sure about this one for your requirements?
    >
    > Toshiba 44NHM84 44" Digital Widescreen DLP TV

    thanks for reminding me about this set. I actually saw this one on display
    last year (or earlier this year) and fell in love with it. I can't stand
    the TVs with "ears" or unnecessarily large cabinets. I thin this one even
    has the hd2+ chip. is LG a respected manufacturer of tvs?

    "Gogordo" <no.address@none.com> wrote in message
    > not sure about this one for your requirements?
    >
    > Toshiba 44NHM84 44" Digital Widescreen DLP TV

    thanks for your suggestion. I picked this up Saturday and am having a great
    time with it so far. it does a great job with SD (even over composite) and
    looks great on hi-def games. I have to wait til Thursday for Comcast to put
    in my hi-def stb, and I have to buy a "worthy" dvd player (xbox does fine
    for sdtv, but looks pretty bad on a hd), but am otherwise completely
    satisfied. thanks again!

HDTV Home Theatre Product