Dual Monitor Support Please!

xaelee

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
Hello!
i've just made my first custom computer and w/e but yeah, so basically here's where i am.

i'm running vista, i have dual 19 inch monitors at 1440x900 resolution. ive gotten the program UltraMon for dual monitoring. im just curious about the different things i can do other than a streched start bar... also when i run full screen games, i wanna know if i can get some of these options: is it possible that the resolution of the monitor NOT running the game to NOT change resolution when the game is runninng? what happens is the screen turns black for a sec then all the windows are rearranged, and the background is much smaller. also is it possible for me to maintain the fullscreen game at full screen, running fully functionally, while playing around on the other monitor? i could use some help =) thanks!

-xae

Snail

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Windows, and Nvidia, and I am assuming ATI all support dual monitors. Take Ultra Mon off your PC. It will only screw with things.

Some games can run in a Windowed mode in which case you can play a game on one monitor even though it may look like full screen, and then surf the web on the other. If your video card has dual dvi/vga outputs this makes things a tad easier as you can use the nvidia support to play with your settings. If you have two video cards of different varieties, then windows does the work for you. Also you can have both running difference res, using the two as one, and a few other options