need help with ati video in

NofxMaster

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2007
Hi guys

I'm explaining my problem

I got a Wii and I want to use it on my ati radeon X1900xt 512 video in with the connector that it is supposed to allow that kind of connection.
I would like to use my video card to display the Wii in my computer lcd monitor, is that possible ?
( powercolor radeon x1900xt 512) Is there a special program that I need to do that or is there a way to ''enable'' the video in on my card. :pt1cable: :cry:

thank you for your tips and advices

GuyAmI

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
If your ATI card came with a set of video input cables, a 9-pin plug that connects to your video card spreading out into four female connections (one of which is an S-Video connection), then you're on your way. You'll need a few more things though:

1) An A/V cable set like this one.

2) Software that'll let you feed video into your computer and in turn display it on you monitor. Probably the cheapest (it's free) and easiest would be the ATI Mulimedia Center package.

For Windows XP: Click Here

If you're okay using the ATI software then everything's okay. If you have Vista then you'll have to find something else since I don't think ATI's made video capture software for Vista yet. Although you could always go with another package if you prefer.

3) A stereo male-dual RCA female adaptor like this one.

In any case, that's all you'll need. The Wii A/V cable, the audio adaptor, and the necessary software.