Sign in with
Your question

Is this board allright ? Asus P5N-E-SLI

Last response: in Motherboards
August 27, 2007 5:42:44 AM

I've just had a bad experience with a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R board, and after wasteing $AUD240 on a dud mobo (all boards of this model suffer from bad vdroop apparently), I thought I'd check to see that no-one else had any major probs with this ASUS board. My last board before this Gigadud was an ASUS 939 mobo and it was beautiful - no probs at all and Bios interface was great.

Gonna be using it mainly for gaming and folding@home - running single video card though. I will be using 2 X 1gig GEIL Ultra 4-4-4-12 ram in it.

I've had a quick look through these forums and can't see posts from ppl who have had major problems with this board.

I'm going to run it with a E6750 CPU - anyone had any probs with the 1333Mhz FSB after updating the bios?

And should I update the Bios before I install the OS, or does it not really matter?

Any advice appreciated.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 27, 2007 5:46:55 AM

Uber_sven said:
I've just had a bad experience with a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R board, and after wasteing $AUD240 on a dud mobo (all boards of this model suffer from bad vdroop apparently), I thought I'd check to see that no-one else had any major probs with this ASUS board. My last board before this Gigadud was an ASUS 939 mobo and it was beautiful - no probs at all and Bios interface was great.

Gonna be using it mainly for gaming and folding@home - running single video card though. I will be using 2 X 1gig GEIL Ultra 4-4-4-12 ram in it.

I've had a quick look through these forums and can't see posts from ppl who have had major problems with this board.

I'm going to run it with a E6750 CPU - anyone had any probs with the 1333Mhz FSB after updating the bios?

And should I update the Bios before I install the OS, or does it not really matter?

Any advice appreciated.

Quote:
My last board before this Gigadud

Gigadud...LOL! ASUS makes great fuggin' boards, buy it with confidence. :hello: 

August 27, 2007 6:26:15 AM

I would suggest getting the Asus P5K P35 board rather than the P5N which is a 650i board. I have the P5N32-E SLI and I love it, I have read reviews and comments on the P5N-E SLI and everything looks positive. I would suggest going with the P35 board instead because it will give you a little more future proofing and it's only a few dollars more.
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 136 V Motherboard
August 27, 2007 8:05:03 AM

yeah asus P5N-E SLI - P5N32SLI-E and P5N32SLI-E PLUS are all awesome boards ,they also support next gen 45nm cpu , so enjoy
August 27, 2007 8:24:10 PM

I would recommend getting a Bad Axe 2 motherboard. Ive had numerous sound problems with my P5N-E SLI with non existent Asus tech support. 3 emails in 3 weeks, no replies. Really disappointing.
September 5, 2007 1:40:35 AM

well i can report that i have purcahsed the P5N-E SLI and am quite pleased with it so far. only prob is that i did not fit the sli selector board properly initially, which caused some video problems that had me tearing my hair out for a few days !!

but otherwise it seems to bit stable and the o/c functions in bios are very extensive and easy to use, but haven't experimented with o/c'ing yet.

time will be the test for this mobo, so will report on my satisfaction in due course.
September 5, 2007 2:44:17 AM

I've got the P5N32-E and it's beautiful. No issues and I'm running a E6850. No issues so far and it's been running solid for about a month.
!