Sign in with
Your question

Can't remove from Desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
February 9, 2010 7:02:08 PM

Wife downloaded CaringBridge. Now it's on my desktop and I can't remove it. I've tried Add/Remove Programs and startup menu. It doesn't show up. In property it says it's Protocol is a HyperText Transfer Protocol.

More about : remove desktop

February 10, 2010 8:26:54 PM

aford10 said:
Are you sure it's not a webpage shortcut? Try to right click and delete it.

If that doesn't work, try revo uninstaller.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Tried to delete from Desktop but delete is not one of the options listed when I right click on it. Tried to stop it from running in start-up menu but it isn't listed. Tried revo uninstaller but it doesn't show up there either. Also, after she downloaded it all of the descripitons on all of the other icons on the Desktop are now highlighted.
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2010 8:52:52 PM

What are the options when you right click on it?

Right click on it and go to the properties. What does it have listed for the file description? File name?

That looks like an informational site. What was the download supposed to be? I don't see a download link for any kind of program other than making brochures.
m
l
February 12, 2010 1:02:01 PM

aford10 said:
What are the options when you right click on it?

Right click on it and go to the properties. What does it have listed for the file description? File name?

That looks like an informational site. What was the download supposed to be? I don't see a download link for any kind of program other than making brochures.

It is supposed to be a way to check on the status of someone in the hospital without having to call. She thought it would just be an Icon on the desktop.

When I right click file name or description are not listed

This is what is shows for Properties

CaringBridge/Thanks for visiting. You're almost to Loyd's website.

Protocol: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
Type: Not available
Connection: Not encrypted
Address: http://caringbridge.org/visit/loydwainscott/createorsig...
(URL)
m
l
February 12, 2010 2:34:56 PM

Do you get an error if you highlight it and hit the delete key?

I still didn't see a download link on the site. Wherever it was downloaded from, look to see if there's an uninstaller.

If not, and you can't delete it, i'd try using the restore points to roll back before it was downloaded.
m
l
!