How good is the CM TX3

I have a person that I am doing a build for and they have an I5 2500k that they want overclocked. The problem is it might be a close fit with a hyper 212 so instead I was looking at the TX3. It's made by Coolermaster and looks pretty similar to a hyper 212 but with a smaller fan. My question is how good is the Tx3 at cooling an overclocked processor? Can it perform as good as a Hyper 212 Plus or Evo?

@ only +3C hotter they can handle clocks up to 4.2-4.3GHz if you have it done just right thermal paste included.
both units idle @ 29-33C.
I have not pushed any clock past 4.3GHz with the TX3 so more than that I would only be guessing.

but look...
it's certainly not the greatest..
but @ $20 it can't be beat..
I have been OC for years so of course i did it right and i would agree with what your saying it will handle 4.4GHZ that was is limit for me anyway for $20 it can't be beat ;)

If I can get it into the low 4.1 or 4.2 range for him that would be fine. I really don't like that Gemini one and would probably go with the TX3 if it is only a ~3 degree difference.

Well there no way to say for sure but i have got the i5-2500k to that with the TX3 :)