Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • TV
  • Dual Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
August 27, 2007 11:41:33 AM

Okay, so I'm sourcing out parts for my new (first) build, and I've figured my requirements in regards to monitors. I'll be (hopefully) running two 22" widescreen lcd monitors, plus 1 37-42" lcd tv.

I'd like to be able to use the any of the 3 monitors for gaming if i should so decide, but also would like to have the tv able to receive HDTV through the computer.

Just wondering what my best option would be for this setup? I really know noting about how a tv tuner card would work, or how the HD portion of the (applicable) tuner card works. (I am a subscriber to the local HD programming, so I do get the signal to the house)

Thanks for any help.

More about : dual monitor options

September 4, 2007 11:48:40 AM

wow, i am doing the same thing. ok the best way will be to get 2 graphics cards. and use the first graphics card to connect to your 2 monitors, and then the 3rd graphics card for your tv. you wont be able to play a game on all 3 monitors at the same time, unless you have a graphics card which can output ultra widescreen. you should be able to use 2 of the for gaming if the game support widescreen or dual monitors. sorted.
September 17, 2007 3:37:04 PM

Sounds easy enough (although I'm sure I will experience issues).

But the tv will be away from my other monitors, on the other side of the room, I just wanted it all to be coming from the one box. Mostly I'll be using the tv (on it's own card) to watch tv through a HD tuner card, and maybe some gaming, but only on that screen anyways.

The other 2 monitors will be on the first card, and primarily used for Graphics/rendering/3d work as well as typical office/music stuff.