Nintendo developing new home game console

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/fun.games/06/09/nintendo.console.ap/index.html

"What we need is not a next-generation machine but a next-generation
way of playing games," Iwata told reporters at a Tokyo hotel. "We need
to propose a new idea so that the game industry can overcome its
current crisis."

Global sales of the Nintendo Game Cube at 15 million lag Sony's
PlayStation 2, which dominates the home console market with more than
71 million sold worldwide. U.S. software giant Microsoft Corp. had
sold nearly 14 million of its Xbox worldwide as of the end of last
year.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:23:13 -0400, MuscleMan <stars@modempool.com>
wrote:

>http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/fun.games/06/09/nintendo.console.ap/index.html
>
>"What we need is not a next-generation machine but a next-generation
>way of playing games," Iwata told reporters at a Tokyo hotel. "We need
>to propose a new idea so that the game industry can overcome its
>current crisis."
>
>Global sales of the Nintendo Game Cube at 15 million lag Sony's
>PlayStation 2, which dominates the home console market with more than
>71 million sold worldwide. U.S. software giant Microsoft Corp. had
>sold nearly 14 million of its Xbox worldwide as of the end of last
>year.

I think you meant to post this to the Nintendo newsgroup, not the
Resident Evil newsgroup.