PlutoDelic

Distinguished
May 31, 2005
Hi there,

I'm using a cable/broadband Internet connection and i recently decided to create a small Wireless network on my apartment.

The broadband connection is shared through ICS (even though i have to reshare everytime i boot, weird) at the other network card which is a small usb wireless client card (Asus WL-167g)

i turned the card into an AP. so far so good, the point of the problem is the network authentication, i dont see any WPA option at me, there's just the Open and the Shared choice. And the cards specs clearly say:

64/128 bit WEP support
Work with Windows XP SP1 security WPA functions

i was never really interested on building a wireless network but i need it for Family use now. so it has to be dumb proof. (100% windows based app's :()

anyway, what i'm concluding is that the card only supports connecting in WPA AP's and not broadcasting a WPA AP or i turned something off (services, dependency...) months ago when i tweaked my OS how i wanted to.

cheers guys.

G

Get a wireless router if you want WPA. ICS doesn't support WPA.

Grumpy

PlutoDelic

Distinguished
May 31, 2005
Get a wireless router if you want WPA.

well, im trying to avoid that.

ICS doesn't support WPA.

even if i dont use ICS at all, there's no change.

thnx anyway Grump.

ps, there's this thing that i totally forgot, i had the WPA option before(so the support thing drops off)? just a restart took it away from me, could XP SP3 be the fault?