Your question

Looking for brand suggestions for 8800 GTS

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • EVGA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 27, 2007 4:32:29 PM

I am putting together a list for a new system build and I am looking for suggestions for the video card brand.

The system will include:
Q6600 (hopefully OC'd to 3.0 GHz)
P35 chipset motherboard
2x2GB RAM
22" LCD monitor

The card I am currently interested in is the EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB KO ACS3 edition, link.

How does EVGA stack up as a brand? Please let me know if I should reconsider my decision and go in another direction.

Thank you.

More about : brand suggestions 8800 gts

August 27, 2007 4:45:19 PM

eVGA is one of the more popular ones. They have a good warranty that covers overclocking and they have their step-up program which allows you to upgrade the card for the difference within 90 days of your purchase. I have also heard good things about BFG and XFX.
a c 273 U Graphics card
August 27, 2007 4:58:08 PM

I would like to throw the Asus EN8800GTS 320 into the fray, having had the opportunity to fiddle with one for a bit I can attest as to it's overclocking potential, it's not the cheapest of the standard clocked ones however, but you can get it bundled with G.R.A.W and a full copy of 3D '06.
Related resources
August 27, 2007 5:01:57 PM

I have an eVGA "Superclocked" model, and highly recommend it. Good price, good stock performance, and overclocks like nobody's business (have had the thing running semi-stably at 675/1150, although not good for long-term at that speed. Gets a really nice three hours or so before throwing out a STOP error, though).
August 27, 2007 5:17:12 PM

I have an EVGA 8800 GTS 640 Superclocked and have no complaints whatsoever.

August 27, 2007 8:32:01 PM

I think generally the way it works is that XFX, BFG and EVGA are the most expensive, but also come with more (factory OC, bundled games/software etc) and have better warranties that last longer and/or cover OC'ing (although so long as you don't tell the other companies they aren't going to know it was running at 200 degrees c owing to your OC) but I have actually only ever had experience with XFX, whom I give a thumbs up but never really had to use the warranty so (oh and I may be completely wrong, but I don't think I am)
!