Dear all, please reply me that how can i protect my computer from hackers. i have installed antivirus also. please reply on my mail id this is email@example.com i am waiting for ur response
1. Enable your Windows firewall.
2. Enable your Windows Automatic Update On & Install all windows update periodically.
3. Keep windows Security Center Updated.
4. Update your antivirus definitions/database periodically.
5. Download & Install Malwarebytes & CCleaner (Both freewares only) & Keep them update. www.malwarebytes.org/ http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
These are enough to keep your computer out of hackers!
1. Use anti-virus software and keep it updated. Installing an anti-virus program can keep viruses and other nasty programs out of your computer. Trojans allow hackers to take control of your computer and send spam and other harmful programs.
2. Activate a firewall. Windows comes with a firewall, which you can find out how to set up by going to the control panel and clicking on "Windows Firewall."
3. Keep track of system events. Check your system log often to find out what your computer is doing. If you're getting notices about any programs you don't remember starting or installing, then be alert. Watch out for any Warning types and TCP/IP messages.
4. Make sure your operating system is up to date. Windows updates are crucial to protecting your computer from recently discovered security holes. Updating stops hackers from exploiting these vulnerabilities.
5. Install patches when they arrive. When hackers discover a new way to enter your computer, its usually through a common program such as Adobe Acrobat. Stop hackers by installing security fixes and patches when they become available, as many of these are developed to fix security issues.
Why would you want to run without a firewall? If you leave a car unlocked with the keys in the ignition it will be stolen. If you connect a computer to the Internet without a firewall it will be hacked. Simple really.