Sign in with
Your question

How to stop hackers

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 10, 2010 5:06:37 AM

Hello,
Dear all, please reply me that how can i protect my computer from hackers. i have installed antivirus also. please reply on my mail id this is karansam.2008@rediffmail.com i am waiting for ur response

More about : stop hackers

a b 8 Security
February 10, 2010 5:20:08 AM

1. Enable your Windows firewall.
2. Enable your Windows Automatic Update On & Install all windows update periodically.
3. Keep windows Security Center Updated.
4. Update your antivirus definitions/database periodically.
5. Download & Install Malwarebytes & CCleaner (Both freewares only) & Keep them update.
www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

These are enough to keep your computer out of hackers!
m
l
February 10, 2010 2:42:28 PM

I would simply hunt down all geeks with bad complexions, line them up against the wall and shoot them...

But that's just me.

Otherwise I recommend what saran008 suggested.
m
l
Related resources
March 5, 2011 1:13:30 PM

How do i do it without firewall protection.
m
l
March 5, 2011 1:15:35 PM

Can I encrypt my computer with a password that can not be discovered by the little brats coming in from the outside? I will be running windows xp professional 64 bit.
m
l
March 5, 2011 1:16:34 PM

and i mean by using any means of password discovery.
m
l
March 11, 2011 5:45:54 AM

1. Use anti-virus software and keep it updated. Installing an anti-virus program can keep viruses and other nasty programs out of your computer. Trojans allow hackers to take control of your computer and send spam and other harmful programs.
2. Activate a firewall. Windows comes with a firewall, which you can find out how to set up by going to the control panel and clicking on "Windows Firewall."
3. Keep track of system events. Check your system log often to find out what your computer is doing. If you're getting notices about any programs you don't remember starting or installing, then be alert. Watch out for any Warning types and TCP/IP messages.
4. Make sure your operating system is up to date. Windows updates are crucial to protecting your computer from recently discovered security holes. Updating stops hackers from exploiting these vulnerabilities.
5. Install patches when they arrive. When hackers discover a new way to enter your computer, its usually through a common program such as Adobe Acrobat. Stop hackers by installing security fixes and patches when they become available, as many of these are developed to fix security issues.
m
l
a b 8 Security
March 24, 2011 6:54:08 AM

Why would you want to run without a firewall? If you leave a car unlocked with the keys in the ignition it will be stolen. If you connect a computer to the Internet without a firewall it will be hacked. Simple really.
m
l
May 21, 2011 1:27:16 PM

u guys needs to read book more like network security for dimmies,networking for dummies,windows xp security solution

any system is hackable if idiot like u r so blaz'e bout security. even system hardoned with DMZ are hackable if ya know wat u r doing :p 

m
l
!